Clinical Research Fellow (2 Positions)
7 days left
- Full Time
Hull and NHS Sites
Hull York Medical School
Centre for Cardiovascular and Metabolic Research
Fixed Term for 12 months
Closing Date: Friday 28 September 2018
Interview Date: To be confirmed
The University seeks to appoint a Clinical Research Fellow, fixed term for a
period of 12 months.
Exciting opportunities are available for the successful applicants to undertake a piece of original research. Projects available are:
- Negative pressure wound therapy for surgical wounds healing by secondary intention; assessing effectiveness and mechanism of action
- Comparison of through and above knee amputation for critical limb ischaemia
- Dialysis arteriovenous fistula surveillance – is it clinically and cost effective
- Superior rectal artery embolization for haemorrhoids – assessment of safety and efficacy
- Modulation of hormonal, metabolic and cardiovascular risk in women with polycystic ovary syndrome
- Study of right atrial tissue to investigate the decline in expression of the predominate cardiac sodium channel in old age and it’s compensation by non-cardiac sodium channels, to create a pro-arrhythmic state and increased susceptibility to atrial fibrillation
- The physiology of collaterals in patients with a chronic total coronary occlusion: this project would be of particular interest to a cardiology trainee interested in sub-speciality training in interventional cardiology
- Control of fluid balance in patients with chronic heart failure
- Platinum resistance in mesothelioma
It is expected that the research will be submitted for a higher degree of the University of Hull.
Whilst undertaking research, the post holders will be required to provide resident medical cover to the Spire Hospital, Anlaby, Hull usually on a 1:5 rota.
The successful candidates will possess an appropriate medical qualification and should be at least 1 year post F1 training. It is also desirable that he/she has recently successfully acquired ALS and PALS and will be required to have full GMC registration.
The post requires a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
To discuss this role informally, please contact Prof Ian Chetter, Telephone: (01482) 675784, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the online application and upload a CV and cover letter via the apply button.
The Hull York Medical School is an equal partnership between the universities of Hull and York. It operates in association with the NHS in North and East Yorkshire and Northern Lincolnshire.
For further information about HYMS, visit: www.hyms.ac.uk