Video Consultation GP - Manchester/Home Based - Full Time
Are you looking for a GP role which can offer something different, modern and innovative?
Join our Manchester Clinical Support Unit as a Video Consultation GP
Video Consultation GP
Salary: £80,000-£85,000 per annum pro-rata
NHS Pension & Medical Indemnity contributions
The IMH network of Primary Care sites benefits from our Clinical Support Unit (CSU) in Manchester, which allows Clinical Officers (supported by a GP) to deal with administration within the practices. On top of this, we’re also introducing a revolutionary service that enables our patients to have virtual consultations with a GP through their mobile devices and tablets, from anywhere in the world. The service also allows patients to receive drug prescriptions, referrals to health specialists, and book health exams with nearby facilities even when they are not in the practice.
We are dedicated to supporting the NHS 5-year Forward View and plan to combine clinical telephone, video and triage services with face-to-face appointments to improve on our already successful record of patient care. As a Video Consultation GP you’ll provide virtual consultations and respond to the health and wellbeing needs of our NHS patients. You will have full access to our clinical systems of regular patients (SystmOne and EMIS), so your indemnity would not be affected by providing patient care in this way.
This role is ideally full-time, however part-time will also be considered. Initially, you’d be based out of our Clinical Support Unit in Eccles, Manchester (M30 0BG) and flexibility on location would gradually increase to allow you to offer the virtual service from your home or office, if this was your preference.
Our expectations of the Video Consultation service
The role of an IMH Video Consultation GP will be:
- To ensure that you can provide high-quality, safe, compassionate and efficient care to meet the needs of our NHS patients through video conference-style consultations.
- Whilst providing these online consultations, you will be required to follow IMH Group’s clinical guidelines and work within the scope of service, whilst keeping best practice in mind, maintaining high standards of consultations that will be reflected by an immediate satisfaction surgery
- Case notes should comply with best practice with the addition of extra annotation associated with the safe provision of telemedicine. It is expected that each consultation and discharge would be like general practice e.g. 10-15 minutes.
- You’ll work collaboratively with our practice teams and our Clinical Lead on all aspects of clinical quality. You’ll participate in training both in the management of the Video Conferencing interface and in providing the extra safety features associated with digital consultations
To work with IMH as a Video Consultation GP, you’ll need:
- Full GMC registration
- An active Performer Number
- Up-to-date training on the safeguarding of vulnerable adults and children
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong IT skills
- A passion for providing healthcare in new and innovative ways
- Evidence of continuing medical education
If you’re interested in working in this pioneering environment, please apply online or contact Matt Mickler (Recruitment Business Partner) on email@example.com or 0203 745 5530.
*NO AGENCIES PLEASE*