Consultant Respiratory Physician
Work at Wye Valley NHS Trust
The strategic vision for Acute Medicine is to provide senior clinical decisions as near to the front door as possible. With this in mind Wye Valley NHS Trust is investing in an exciting new medical model for acute care which includes Gastroenterology and Respiratory consultant appointments increasing to 6 consultants each and Cardiology increase to 7 consultants.
As part of this development the Respiratory Consultants will leave the general medical on-call rota and instead assume 7 day care of respiratory inpatients.
The proposed sessional commitments are detailed in the Job Plan section (please see attached job description) but the principle duties and responsibilities are:
- To provide a high quality service as part of the Respiratory Department in Respiratory and General Internal Medicine to the patients of Herefordshire and the surrounding area using evidence based guidelines and clinical governance structure.
- To contribute to the multi-disciplinary team working.
- To advise clinical colleagues on matters within his/her sphere of expertise;
- To offer advice to medical, nursing, managerial and other staff on appropriate matters.
- To carry out medical teaching, examination and accreditation duties as required.
- To participate in the formal appraisal of junior medical staff in accordance with guidelines from the Royal College of Physicians and the Regional Postgraduate Dean.
- To contribute to postgraduate and continuing medical education activity including Continuing Professional Development.
- To contribute to the training of nurses, paramedical, scientific and technical staff.
- To participate in medical audit on a regular basis and develop relevant audit projects.
- To provide information for service development and management purposes to support job planning, service planning etc.
- To contribute to the management process within the Trust through participation in planning, project or liaison groups as appropriate. In particular the post holder would be involved in Specialty and Service Unit business meetings.
- To support the Clinical Directors and Service Unit Director with appropriate advice with regard to the development of Respiratory and Medical services at Wye Valley NHS Trust.
- To work within the framework of policies and procedures relevant to Medical and Dental staff.
- To participate fully in mandatory training as required and modified by the Trust from time to time and also in annual appraisal, job planning and revalidation procedures.
Candidates are most welcome to visit the hospital and are encouraged to discuss the post with all consultants and any other members of staff they wish. Visits can be arranged through:
Dr Aled Phillips - Clinical Lead for Respiratory
Tel: 01432 364210 Aled.Phillips@wvt.nhs.uk
Dr Robbie Dedi - Associate Medical Director for the Medical Division
Tel: 01432 355444, ext. 4096 Robbie.Dedi@wvt.nhs.uk
Applications are by email or through NHS Jobs, please search for job ref: 229-MDMS75
Closing Date: 10 September 2018
Interview Date: 30 October 2018