Medical Director for Assessment
3 PA, 3 year Secondment
The Federation of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom are seeking to appoint the Medical Director for Assessment on three year secondment basis.
The Federation of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom is a partnership between the three Royal Colleges of Physicians of London, Edinburgh and Glasgow by which the colleges deliver their responsibilities in the following three areas:
- the MRCP(UK) Diploma Examinations, the PACES practical examination and Specialty Certificate Examinations (SCE’S)
- the Joint Royal College of Physicians Training Board (JRCPTB) which is responsible for managing the Colleges’ role in the regulation of specialist training in the UK
- The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Policy and Diary for Physicians.
The Medical Director for Assessment will:
- Have an overall responsibility for the efficient and effective functioning of the Division for Assessment to ensure the ongoing stability, development and success of the delivery of the MRCP(UK) examinations and the Specialty Certificate Examinations
- Chair key meetings and provide clinical leadership in order that the Division achieves these aims and objectives.
- Be directly accountable to the Executive Medical Director of the Federation of Royal Colleges of Physicians of the UK and thereby to the Chair of the Federation Board and to the Federation Board.
- Agree with Federation the key clinical, training, academic, and financial and sustainability priorities for the Division for Assessment for both the next year and for the future, building in key performance indicators and targets.
- Work closely with the Chief Operating Officer, Medical Director of the Division for Training and Development, International Medical Director(s), and other key clinical personnel, the relevant teams in each of the three physician Royal Colleges, and external stakeholders.
Key skills and experience
- Must be an MRCP(UK) holder and be a Member or Fellow of one of the three Physician Colleges
- Must be on the GMC specialist register and be of good standing
- Must have thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the assessment of postgraduate physician training
- Have been actively engaged in the training of junior doctors within the last two years, and be up to date as appropriate with CPD requirements and relevant national guidelines.
- Additionally, it is preferred that the post holder be in active clinical practice with a current licence to practice.
The Medical Director for Assessment is expected to commit to three sessions per week. These will normally and primarily be carried out at the Federation London office though some may be worked off-site by mutual agreement.
For an information discussion about the role please contact Gerrard Phillips, MMD, via his PA - Joanna.firstname.lastname@example.org NO AGENCIES.
For more information about the role please view the job description and person specification.
Closing Date: 9 September 2018
Interview Date: 17-18 September 2018
To apply for this role please submit your CV and Covering Letter outlining how your skills and experience match the job description and person specification. Please note, CVs sent in isolation will not be considered.