(6-8 sessions – negotiable)
Looking for a job? We have many reasons why you should join us!
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Salaried GP to join our team. We are a closely knit, hardworking and resilient team that is facing up to the current challenges of General Practice with innovation, versatility, enthusiasm and good humour. We have a great team and are extremely supportive of each other and we are looking for someone who shares our vision and values. Our daily informal get-togethers for coffee (and sometimes cake!) are very important for team working, general catch-up and bouncing ideas around.
- We are situated in the heart of Fulwell in Sunderland, in premises that were purpose built in 1990 and designed to provide the best layout for a modern GP surgery
- The building is leased and is on one level, giving good access for elderly and disabled patients. Over previous years the building has been extended to accommodate our growing patient list and our team of staff.
- We currently have six GP’s, (three partners and three salaried), supported by a Nurse Practitioner and a large team of nursing and support staff.
- We have a practice Pharmacist who leads on medicine management and holds patient clinics twice weekly.
- We are a GP Registrar training practice and previously trained 2nd year Foundation doctors
- CQC inspected June 2016 and awarded a ‘Good’ rating
- Our 9,250 patient practice is long established and highly regarded and we highly value continuity of patient care.
- Our CCG support is very good and includes a protected and fully funded educational programme (10 half day sessions a year).
- The practice computer system is EMIS Web supported by MJOG and GP Team Net. The practice maintains a very high QOF achievement year after year.
- We have weekly MDT meetings with community nurses and social workers to discuss care of patients with complex needs.
- We are continually investigating processes to reduce admin tasks for our GP team and have developed a robust protocol for document workflow which has significantly reduced GP workload.
- The practice is part of the Sunderland GP Alliance federation, who manage the Extended Access scheme which is currently run over 7 days per week, from 5 access hubs across the city
- 6-8 sessions per week (negotiable)
- We seek enthusiastic, approachable, flexible, motivated team workers.
- Lap top access for remote access working (“Away from my desk”) if required
- Competitive salary
- Contract based on BMA model
- Flexible working and mentorship
- 6 weeks annual leave
- The Practice encourages training and development
- NHS pension
- Defence union fees paid by practice
- A candidate would have options of taking on other clinical roles within the CCG, Sunderland GP Alliance, and/or teaching/training if interested.
Contacts and information:
So why not come and visit us and meet the team?
Our Practice Manager, Mrs Carole Hutchinson, will be more than happy to answer any of your questions or arrange an informal visit. She can be contacted at: email@example.com or 0191 5483635 .
Alternatively please submit your CV for consideration by clicking the apply button by the closing date of 28th August 2018 .
Interviews will be held week commencing 3rd September 2018