Urology Clinical Fellow
Are you a SPR Doctor, trained in Urology with an interest recognised study of Clinical Leadership and Management?
HCA Healthcare UK, London’s largest private patient hospital group, is offering a trained Urology registrar a 2 year Clinical Fellowship programme combined with salaried clinical work and part time fully funded study.
HCA UK uniquely partners with Cass Business School and provides ambitious doctors the skills, experiences and education to put them on the path to becoming the nation’s future healthcare leaders, whilst working clinically in a specialist field as a Middle Grade Doctor.
This Fellowship will be based at The Princess Grace Hospital, part of the HCA UK Group, and will be the key link in with our Urologists and Urology groups such as The Prostate Centre and London Urology Associates.
Fellows will report directly to the Chief Medical Officer and will be fully supported by a designated senior Clinical Supervisor and Managerial Mentor.
Successful fellows will be salaried and rostered to work approximately 80% of their time throughout the fellowship clinically at SPR level in Urology with 20% of rota time protected for the Master Degree and managerial development.
The clinical work includes:
- conducting twice daily ward rounds
- assisting in theatres and OPD clinics
- participating in quality/governance initiatives and incident investigations.
Fellowship contract details:
- 40 hrs per week
- £60,000 salary
- Fully funded MSc paid by HCA UK directly to Cass Business School
- 2 year contract from September 2018 to August 2020
This programme is suitable for academically strong, ambitious clinicians who specifically aspire to be future healthcare leaders in Clinical Management.
At the end of the Fellowship, fellows will:
- be equipped with the healthcare management and leadership skills needed to take on independent team or service levels roles
- have formed a strong clinical and management network following mentorship from world leading consultants and senior healthcare managers
- have obtained an Executive Masters in Medical Leadership, which meets all Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management (FMLM) standards
To apply Doctors will need:
- GMC Registration and licence to practise
- to demonstrate up-to-date training records, nationally recognised at minimum ST3 training or above (or equivalent)
- specialist training in Urology
Formal interviews will take place at Princess Grace Hospital with a Lead Consultant, Chief Nurse Officer and HCA UKs internal Cass Fellowship programme lead.
For more information and to apply, please contact Doctors Talent Manager firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter.