Fantastic opportunity to join the UK’s largest Air Ambulance Operator as a Flight Doctor. We are a team of highly skilled and motivated health professionals, specialising in the aeromedical retrieval and repatriation of patients from overseas. We are looking to recruit doctors interested in transfer and retrieval medicine. The successful candidates will be doctors with at least 3 years post-registration experience and a licence to practise in the United Kingdom. You should be experienced in an acute specialty such as Anaesthesia, Critical Care or Emergency Medicine and you should have passed at least the Primary / Part 1 of your College Examinations, such the FRCA, FRCEM.
You will have had experience in the transfer of critically ill patients outside of the hospital environment and you must be current in ALS. Ideally you will have undertaken other trauma / life-support courses, such ATACC, ATLS and recognised transfer courses such as NAPSTaR. You must be enthusiastic, committed and prepared to work unsociable hours in potentially challenging and unpredictable environments. This is a physically demanding role that requires working independently within the confines of a small aircraft. The successful candidates will be fully trained and supported in aeromedical transportation. You will be expected to attend an on-going programme of continuous professional development and to contribute to clinical governance activities such as clinical audit and quality improvement.
- Full and unrestricted GMC Registration with a Licence to Practise
- At least 3-years post registration experience
- Postgraduate examination in an acute specialty (Anaesthesia, Critical Care, Emergency Medicine) to at least Primary Level
- Experience and competence in the transfer of critically ill patients including ventilator and inotrope-dependant patients
- Currently working in a fully governed Acute Specialty as above on at least a part-time basis in order to maintain clinical currency
- Current in ALS
- Previous experience in the aeromedical transportation of critically ill patients
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists, the College of Emergency Medicine and / or Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine
- Post-graduate diploma in Transfer and Retrieval Medicine / Diploma in Immediate Medical Care
For expressions of interest, please send a CV with covering letter to Simon Forrington, Capital Air Ambulance Medical Director by clicking the Apply button