Consultant in Healthcare Public Health
PHE East of England – Cambridge or Harlow
Permanent, Full Time, 10 Programmed Activities (PAs) per week
(part time, job share or flexible working will be considered)
Public Health England provides strategic leadership and vision for protecting and improving the nation’s health. Its ambition is to lead nationally, and enable locally, a transformation in the health expectations of all people in England regardless of where they live and the circumstance of their birth.
It will achieve this through the application of research, knowledge and skills.
Public Health England is an executive agency of the Department of Health.
It is a distinct delivery organisation with operational autonomy to advise and support Government, local authorities and the NHS in a professionally independent manner.
This post is for a Consultant in Healthcare Public Health to lead the delivery of effective healthcare public health in the PHE Centre, being responsive to health and care systems in East of England.
This is a senior level post, suitable for an experienced public health
professional with 3+ years' senior level experience and the ability to influence and shape strategy, locally and nationally.
You will oversee, coordinate and deliver high quality professional public health input, support and advice to NHS England and other stakeholders at Centre level to drive cost-effective improvements in outcomes and a reduction in health inequalities across the population.
You will specifically be responsible for:
- Delivery of a matrix programme of work covering a range of healthcare public health and associated other functions;
- Line management of Consultants in Public Health and other staff delivering a range of healthcare public health functions, including s.7a services;
- Leading the Centre’s support for delivery of the NHS 5YFV, including working with STPs, Integrated Care Systems, Clinical Senate, EAHSN and Clinical Networks;
- Leading the Centre’s Research & Development function, working in partnership with academic and research partners, embedding research and evaluation activity across the system;
- Delivering high quality training, development and networking in healthcare public health.
You will be based in the PHE East of England Centre (Cambridge or Harlow), and will report to the Deputy Director of Healthcare Public Health and Workforce.
You must be included on the GMC/GDC Specialist Register or the UK Public Health (Specialist) Register.
Prospective candidates are invited to contact Dr Jo Broadbent at
Jo.Broadbent@phe.gov.uk to discuss the post or arrange a visit.
PHE employees who are at-risk or in the redeployment pool are given prior consideration for any suitable alternative employment.
To apply for this vacancy please click the apply button.
Closing date: 27th August 2018
It is expected that interviews will be held in Cambridge.
Public Health England promotes diversity in the workplace
and is an equal opportunities employer