Plastic Surgery Clinical & Research Fellow
Plastic Surgery Clinical & Research Fellow, Plastic Surgery, Surgery and Oral Health | Canberra Hospital and Health Services | Full-time/Part-time
Directorate: ACT Health
Closing date: 26 August 2018
Approved Duty Statement Date: 20 April 2017
Applications are sought for the 2019 Training Program commencing 4 February 2018 to 2 February 2020. This is an expected vacancy.
Overview of the work area and position:
- The primary roles of this appointment are to support:
- Operative, clinical and on call services provided by the Department of Plastic Surgery at The Canberra Hospital.
- Education and training of non-accredited plastic surgery registrars, residents and interns.
- Research activities as appropriate.
- Ability to participate in rotations to Calvary Health Care ACT.
The Fellow will contribute to the clinical service provided by the Department of Plastic Surgery at The Canberra Hospital. This contribution will consist of regular outpatient sessions, ward rounds and regular participation in the on call registrar roster.
The fellow will be expected to contribute to the teaching of Australian National University medical students, and to assist in Postgraduate training. The successful applicant will be expected to both attend and participate in the Department’s regular audits, XRay conferences, tutorials and journal clubs.
This is a fulltime appointment. Salary and conditions are in accordance with the current ACT Public Service Medical Practitioners Enterprise Agreement. The classification of Postgraduate Fellow attracts a fixed salary and this is inclusive of shift/on call work, which is undertaken outside normal working hours.
Applicants with CCT or near completion of their training required for the Fellowship of the in Plastic Surgery are suitable. Hand surgery and microsurgery skills are
1. Operating theatre, elective, non elective and Emergency lists
2. Clinics – outpatients
3. Teaching sessions, including attendance and presentations
4. Daily ward rounds
5. Registrar supervision
6. Research project
7. Undertaking other duties as directed, within the approved scope of clinical practice, including on call.
To be successful in this position, it is expected that the successful candidate will have the following attributes:
1. Strong organisational skills with a high degree of drive
2. Ability to work in a team environment
3. Honesty, punctuality and good presentation
4. Desire to produce optimal patient outcomes
5. Ability and flexibility to accommodate change and provide responsive services to meet patients’ needs
Qualifications and experience:
Mandatory: Please delete statement not applicable
- Be registered or be eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
Please note prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment Police check.
- Compliance Certificate from OMU (Occupational Medicine Unit) relating to assessment, screening & vaccination processes
- Clinical competence at a level commensurate with the number of years since graduation in medicine
- Demonstrated commitment to continued professional development including formal education and self-directed learning
- A commitment to working collaboratively in a clinical team
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to work, health and safety (WH&S) and the positive patient experience and displays behaviour consistent with ACT Health’s values of Care, Excellence, Collaboration and Integrity.
For further information contact Mr Ross Farhadieh FRCS by clicking the apply button.
Apply for Plastic Surgery Clinical & Research Fellow
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly