Join a team who cares about excellence
BHB ensures the highest in quality health care through service excellence, education and leadership. We seek qualified, highly motivated, and experienced professionals to work in a supportive but demanding environment. With Bermuda’s 64,000 populations, the successful applicants for the posts we are currently recruiting for, will be involved in all aspects of care for the patients, this will include both inpatient and outpatient responsibilities as well as liaising with overseas physicians to determine local arrangements and continuing care for clients returning from overseas care.
CONSULTANT ACUTE CARE GERIATRICIAN - Full Time: Qualifications &/ Registration required:
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine. GMC Specialist Registration and training in Geriatric Medicine
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience, 4 of which should be exposure to Geriatric Services
- Current registration with Medical Council in relevant jurisdiction. Eligible to register with Bermuda Medical Council
ENDOCRINOLGIST – Full Time & Locum: Qualifications &/ Registration required:
- American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) Certified Endocrinologist or equivalent
- 2-3 year experience in a program that focuses on metabolism, diabetes and endocrinology training in both inpatient and outpatient settings
CONSULTANT NEUROLOGIST - Full Time: Qualifications &/ Registration required:
- Board Certified in Neurology Medicine
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an attending Neurologist
- Successful completion of a management course preferred or demonstration of excellent
CONSULTANT HOSPICE & PALLIATIVE CARE PHYSICIAN - Full Time: Qualifications &/ Registration required:
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine with experience in Palliation and Geriatrics
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Palliative Care Service Provider
- 3-5 years in a hospital acute care setting and in Hospice Care
- Minimum of 12 months of satisfactorily completed clinical hospice and palliative medicine fellowship training or equivalent.
CONSULTANT IN INFECTIOUS DISEASES & EPIDEMIOLOGY - Full Time & Locum: Qualifications &/ Registration required:
- Board Certified in Infectious Diseases with a preference of 3 years post certification experience, 2 of which in a hospital setting. Must be comfortable managing general ID, HIV, and Hepatitis cases and in-patient and out-patient settings
COMPENSATION: We have a competitive base salary, compensation towards relocation. Comprehensive health plan, 30 days paid vacation leave per annum and 5 days paid study leave per annum and Malpractice coverage.
Bermuda offers a wide variety of year round outdoor activities including several golf courses, tennis clubs and yacht clubs and other water sports including deep sea fishing and diving on our beautiful reefs. The Island enjoys a multicultural society with a high standard of living including good healthcare and schooling. The economy is based on tourism and international business including financial services and reinsurance.
If you want to make a difference, and if your experience and qualifications match the above criteria, visit www.bermudahospitals.com, and apply through BHB Jobs NOW. Select “Work at BHB” and follow the steps. Pre-employment substance abuse screening is mandatory for all successful candidates. Current registration with Medical Council in relevant jurisdiction and eligible to register with Bermuda Medical Council is mandatory.