DWS role – just 30 minutes from Brisbane CBD
Thinking of making the move across the ditch but unsure about the reliability of the job you are headed to?
This well-established, busy practice is not only located 30 minutes south of Brisbane, but is also just a short drive to the Gold Coast.
With four GP’s currently onsite, in addition to general practice, this clinic provides specialist care in cardiology and paediatric endocrinology. They also have a diabetes clinic and refugee service onsite to complement their suite of services. A GP with an interest in women’s health and family planning will be highly regarded for this role and will have an existing patient base from a retiring GP to take over.
Having worked with the management team for this practice for over 7 years, we know that GPs will be supported by a highly professional, yet friendly and supportive manner. The clinic itself is held to a high standard in the local community, with the friendly and collaborative atmosphere in the practice making them a favourite in the community.
This practice is positioned in one of Australia’s fastest growing cities with a quite a young demographic in a great central location. Close to Gold Coast beach, the mountains (Mt Tambourine) and only a short commute to Brisbane’s CBD, this is an area with great infrastructure and is expected to really thrive in the coming years.
About the culture:
- Collegial and collaborative GP team with a lead GP who is a UK expat
- Supportive management
- GPs will be provided generous support to develop an area of interest
- This centre cultivates innovative thinking and planning – GPs with this interest will be highly regarded
About the practice:
- Full time support team including reception, administration and nursing
- Experienced and supportive practice manager
- Onsite allied health and specialists – GPs work closely with these groups
- Patient population includes, university students, and young families in the local community
- Operated by of one of Queensland’s most respected health care organisations
- Opportunity to teach medical students from the University of Queensland
About the role:
- 65% of patient billings
- Take over an existing patient base from a GP who has retired
- Full-time role
- Minimum guarantee available
- GPs with an interest in Women’s Health will be highly regarded
- Relocation assistance may be offered on some contracts
- Sponsorship available for GPs on 457 or TSS visas
Why we choose to represent this organisation:
Having worked with this group for over 5 years, we are confident in recommending their positions to our GPs. We are aware of the caution GPs need to take when joining a new practice. Having placed several doctors within this organisation over the past 5 years, we know that incoming GPs will be well supported and given every chance to succeed. In fact, of all the GPs we have placed with this organisation, not one has left!
Why work with Alecto Medical Recruitment?
Over the past 8 years, Alecto Australia has helped nearly 300 UK GPs make the transition to Australia. We understand that moving to Australia is a big step, but we know how to make it easier as well! That’s why we have consultants on the ground (UK and Australia) offering support to our GPs - from beginning to end.
Best of all, if you accept a job through one of our clients, you will receive comprehensive and FREE registration assistance from our dedicated registration consultant, Megan.
Contact Paula in Australia on +61 420 548 764 or Raelene who is based in the UK, on +44 7808 704 050 and quote reference number to start your new life in Australia!