House Officers PGY 2+
Our Purpose: What We're Here For
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you're part of something very special.
We're world leaders in the delivery of integrated health care, and we're always striving to Make It Better. From the carers on the front line working directly with patients and communities, to our talented support teams who enable that care, we plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost
600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. And we're all about putting people at the heart of everything we do.
Our Culture: What Matters To Us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
For us to continue putting our communities at the centre of our health system, we're putting our own people at the centre of everything we do. Because health is ultimately all about people. What's important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility that all our people take for delivering outcomes, and that we go about our work with integrity in all we do.
What matters to us is doing the right thing, valuing everyone, and being and staying well ourselves so we can care for our community.
The Role: What This Opportunity's All About
With over 450 Resident Doctors employed at the CDHB, we pride ourselves on our level of medical education, training and supervision.
- Full-time, fixed-term and permanent opportunities.
- Rotate around a variety of medical, surgical and relief runs (four runs of three months duration)
- We will help you to construct your Professional Development Pathway out of the components that are best for you
- Accelerate your development with protected training sessions and a progressive learning environment
- Feel confident with support available from senior nursing staff and Senior Medical Officers
- Benefit from accredited training programmes in later years
You will have completed at least one year following graduation (PGY1+ or FY1+). Please note that advanced training is unnecessary (see
You must be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
You can check your eligibility by visiting the Council's website at www.mcnz.org.nz
Belonging Here: Becoming Part Of Our Story
Our people enjoy access to a fantastic benefits scheme, flexible working arrangements and a genuine and ongoing focus on career development.
We hope you'll seriously consider joining us, but if this isn't a good fit for you, please share the opportunity with your personal networks and help us find our next rock star!
If this particular role isn't for you, we do have other similar opportunities - please look on our careers page or give us a call to discuss.
Apply online, or to find out more information, please contact Tracey Sutherland, Tracey.Sutherland@cdhb.health.nz
Phone: + 64(0)3 337 7985
If you meet the above criteria, then please click the 'apply button' below.
You will need to submit:
- Electronic copies of your CV and covering letter
- Contact details for three referees
- If you have an international medical qualification or are applying for a new scope of practice not previously assessed by MCNZ, then you will also need to create an Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (EPIC) account here: https://www.ecfmgepic.org/. See here for EPIC information: http://bit.ly/2jrOIrE
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!