Orthopaedic Surgery Registrar - 2018
Our Purpose: What We're Here For
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you're part of something very special. We're world leaders in the delivery of integrated health care, and we're always striving to Make It Better. From the carers on the front line working directly with patients and communities, to our talented support teams who enable that care, we plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. And we're all about putting people at the heart of everything we do.
Our Culture: What Matters To Us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
For us to continue putting our communities at the centre of our health system, we're putting our own people at the centre of everything we do. Because health is ultimately all about people. What's important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility that all our people take for delivering outcomes, and that we go about our work with integrity in all we do.
What matters to us is doing the right thing, valuing everyone, and being and staying well ourselves so we can care for our community.
The Role: What This Opportunity's All About
At Canterbury District Health Board, you will gain world class experience in the South Island's largest tertiary, teaching and research hospitals. Our Orthopaedic Service is busy and collaborative, with opportunities to manage a wide range of orthopaedic conditions in theatre, clinics and on the wards. With over 450 Resident Doctors employed at the CDHB, we pride ourselves on our level of medical education, training and supervision.
About the Role
- Full-time Orthopaedic Surgery Registrar role, commencing in 2018
- This role is suited to someone who is considering a future training role in Orthopaedics.
- Access a full academic programme, including weekly journal club and trauma meetings.
- We provide training to support your placement on the Australasian Orthopaedic Training Programme (for those qualifying to become an Orthopaedic Surgeon)
- Something For You is an employee benefits programme. You will be entitled to preferential rates at a wide selection of partners, including health insurance, gyms, activities and travel.
Skills & Experience
- You will be working at post-graduate year 3 or above, with at least 6 months experience in Orthopaedics
- You must be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility by visiting the Council's website atwww.mcnz.org.nz
Belonging Here: Becoming Part Of Our Story
Our people enjoy access to a fantastic benefits scheme, flexible working arrangements and a genuine and ongoing focus on career development.
We hope you'll seriously consider joining us, but if this isn't a good fit for you, please share the opportunity with your personal networks and help us find our next rock star!
If this particular role isn't for you we do have other similar opportunities please look on careers page or give us a call to discuss.
Apply online, or to find out more information about the role, please contact Tracey Sutherland
If you meet the above criteria, then please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
You will need to submit:
- Electronic copies of your CV and covering letter
- Contact details for three referees.
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!