Clinical Lecturer in Medical Oncology
Centre for Cancer Research and Cell Biology
School of Medicine, Dentistry & Biomedical Sciences
Founded in 1845 as Queen’s College Belfast, we became an independent university in 1908. Today, we are a member of the Russell Group, combining excellence in research and education with a student-centred ethos.
The Centre for Cancer Research and Cell Biology (CCRCB) works with partners around the world developing cancer treatments and pioneering advances in patient care.
The Clinical Lecturer will strengthen the clinical academic base of medical oncology within CCRCB, joining academic teams specialising in medical oncology and in cancer clinical trials in the School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences at Queen’s University Belfast (QUB) and established
medical oncology teams in the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust (BHSCT).
The successful candidate will undertake research in line with the School’s research strategy, teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level, contribute to the School’s administration/outreach activity and deliver and enhance clinical service in medical oncology. Research interests which will be considered for this post may be in any of the following areas: breast malignancy and immunotherapy; thoracic malignancy and experimental cancer medicine; or urological malignancy.
The successful candidate must have:
- A Primary Medical Degree
- Higher degree (PhD or MD)
- Full Registration with the GMC in medical oncology (or, for candidates trained outside the UK, full registration in general [internal] medicine with sufficient training in medical oncology to function as an independent consultant)
- Inclusion on the Specialist Register for medical oncology or eligible for inclusion within twelve months of the interview date.
- Post registration qualification (Membership of relevant Royal College or equivalent by examination)
- A minimum of three years’ research experience at postdoctoral level in a relevant field.
Further information about the Centre can be found at http://go.qub.ac.uk/CancerResearchCellBiology
Anticipated interview date: Thursday 30 August 2018
Closing date: Wednesday 8 August 2018
For full criteria and to apply online, please click the apply button.
For further information or assistance contact Human Resources, Queen’s University Belfast BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.