Clinical Director for Paediatric Sexual Assault Referral Centre
Do you have a passion for ensuring children get the best possible medical care? Are you interested in spearheading a development that will accomplish this? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in developing and leading a paediatric service?
The Bridge (Sexual Assault Referral Centre) looks after complainants of rape and sexual assault in the area covered by the Avon & Somerset Police Service. We are looking for an innovative and dynamic Doctor with Paediatric expertise to design and develop a Children’s SARC service which would look after children from BNSSG/BANEs/Somerset/Gloucester and Wiltshire/Swindon.
This new role is for 8 PAs, and will be for a fixed term of 12 months, with the possibility of extension or the role becoming substantive.
This role will include direct clinical care with children including forensic gynaecology.
You will be:
- Developing a new service in conjunction with the current part time Clinical Director and service manager
- Joining forces with local paediatricians to develop cohesive, stream lined and safe clinical pathways for children who have been raped or sexually assaulted
- Liaising and developing strong links with Trust safeguarding and LCSB
- Working with the commissioners (Police & Crime Commissioners, A&S Police and NHS England)
The ideal candidate will;
- Have substantial experience in paediatrics (general or community)
- Will have experience in managing children who have been abused
- Will have experience of multi-agency and multi-disciplinary working
- Will have experience of leading a MDT
Come and join this small, patient focused team to create the Centre of Excellence the children of the South West deserve.
For further details / informal visits contact – Lorraine Seymour on 0117 342 6999.
To apply for this post, please click the apply button.