Consultant in Old Age Psychiatry
Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust is a clinically led organisation, operationally supported and driven by patient centred care. We employ around 6,000 people and provide specialist mental health services, learning disability services, and community health care services.
The Trust covers most of Hampshire, with a population of 1.3 million people registered with the six local Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). Southern Health is responsive to local needs and is working closely with Adult Services and the CCGs to develop locally based services. The Trust has a positive working relationship with the University of Southampton, Faculty of Medicine and an active programme of Research and Development.
Our vision is: ‘To provide high quality, safe services which improve the health and wellbeing, independence and confidence of the people we serve.’
Transformational change, and visionary people, are needed in order for us to achieve our goals: far greater inclusion of patients and carers in the delivery of services; closer integration of our mental and physical health services with primary, acute and social care, and much more involvement of clinical staff in the leadership and design of improved services.
We are committed to the development of your career and believe that by supporting, developing and nurturing our staff we will deliver outstanding patient care.
Benefits of living in Hampshire
• Beautiful countryside for walks, horse riding and many other outside pursuits
• Amazing beaches with some of the best sailing in the UK, including Cowes Week
• Excellent rail and air links
• Places of interest including Winchester Cathedral, the New Forest, South Downs and Portsmouth historic dockyard
• Leading schools and colleges
Why work with us?
• Up to £8,000 relocation allowance / removal benefit
• Centre of excellence within Wessex research network
• Centre for Professional Development in Mental Health, a diverse programme of high quality multi-professional courses, involving the participation of national and international experts
• ‘New Consultants’ Development Programme’ - this programme encompasses aspects of clinical leadership
• Free parking at many of our sites
We welcome questions and informal conversations. Please contact Erica Lifford on 023 8087 4319, PA to Dr Karl Marlowe, Medical Director.
Apply for Consultant in Old Age Psychiatry
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly