Oncology Specialty Lead Doctor
Sarah Cannon Research Institute
Sarah Cannon Research Institute part of the award winning HCA Healthcare UK, London's largest private hospital group, partners with hospitals across the United Kingdom to provide world-class cancer care to patients. Specialising in the development of cancer therapies by providing clinical research and personalised medicine options we are the first unit outside the NHS to offer new anti-cancer drugs in clinical trials and rapid access to investigation drug therapies.
Sarah Cannon is providing state-of-the-art cancer care for hundreds of thousands of patients, a number unmatched by any single cancer center offering individualised patient navigation provided by oncology-trained nurses, more than 1,000 stem cell transplants performed annually throughout the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network,
Our successful cancer reasearch programs also includes;
- 3,000+ Patients enrolled in clinical trials per year
- 300+ First-in-human clinical trials conducted
- Participated in the development of 38 of 47 cancer compounds approved by the FDA in 2017.
- 5,000+ Patients enrolled in immunotherapy trials to date
We are offering an outstanding opportunity for an passionate and dedicated Oncology Consultant, a lead specialist role to support our Senior Management team in enhancing and building on our record of performance by providing both strategic and operational leadership for clinical trials at our Drug Development Unit based in Central London.
Summary of Duties:
- Collaborating with everyone from our Executive Medical Director to our physician and oncology teams, you’ll advance our mission by providing outstanding medical care to all patients participating in clinical trials.
- Provide critical feedback on protocol designs and supporting documentation, including informed consent forms, data and safety monitoring plans, clinical data summaries, clinical study reports and other study-related documents.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team you will also be responsible for management and mentoring of all Clinical Fellows and actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
The successful candidate will be:
- An oncology specialist doctor with full Registration with the General Medical Council
- Proven record of leading cancer clinical trials (including early phase and first-in-human trials)
- MRCP or equivalent qualification and ALS certificate
- Comprehensive understanding of the Principles of the EU Clinical Trials Directive and ICH Good Clinical Practice
- Experience in management of acute medical and oncology emergencies
- CCT Qualification
This role will be Monday - Friday, with a degree of flexibility for out of hours to meet business needs and attracts and excellent reward benefits package. For the right candidate we are offering a competitive salaried management contract, with a vast range of additional benefits including; private pension, private medical care cover, funded indemnity insurance, study leave entitlement, in house training and support for CME.
For more information please contact Talent Manager by clicking the apply button.