6 days left
- Full Time
Associate Director, Translational Science, Oncology
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
We lead our industry in our development of a strong and varied pipeline. This means our people are here to win, we give you a breadth of opportunities to be curious and do cutting edge, unique work that has big impact on science and medicine.
We are seeking an Associate Director in Translational Science for oncology to join a world class center for discovery and development of innovative cancer medicines. Based at the heart of the Cambridge UK biomedical research community you will be accountable for delivery of robust, scientifically-driven biomarkers in drug discovery and development programs. You will have the opportunity to impact an industry-leading portfolio of targeted therapy programs from inception through to life cycle management for marketed drugs.
As an Associate Director in Translational Science your main responsibilities will involve:
- Developing biomarker strategies and ensuring delivery within oncology project teams
- Delivering biomarkers for clinical studies based on the best available science and technologies
- Generating disease linkage data to guide indication selection and targeted patient populations
- Measuring target engagement reliably and quantifiably to inform clinical decisions for selecting therapeutically relevant doses and schedules
- Understanding key cancer pathway interactions and feedback mechanisms in clinical samples to guide rational drug combinations
- Defining novel mechanisms of resistance targeted therapies by studying tumors at relapse
As an Associate Director in Translational Science your skills and qualifications will include:
- PhD with extensive experience within industry or equivalent role
- In-depth knowledge of disease area biology and translational science
- Proven communication and influencing skills
- Highly developed problem solving and risk management skills
- Highly developed collaborative working skills
- Ability to act as an external ambassador and to influence external organisations to enhance the image and reputation of AstraZeneca,
- Proven ability to motivate and develop others
Applications open 21st June 18
Applications close 27th July 18
To apply, please click the apply button.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender or gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.