Consultant in Public Health / Public Health Medicine
(Public Health Consultant Lead for Cancer Screening Programmes)
Applications are invited for a suitably experienced and qualified individual with an interest in developing their experience and skills in national population-based screening programmes. The appointee will take the Consultant in Public Health Lead for our Cancer Screening Programmes (Breast Screening, Cervical Screening and Bowel Screening) and will be a member of the Division’s Senior Management Team.
This role includes strategic leadership for the cancer screening programmes and Division’s screening laboratory in Wales. Key tasks include:-
- Public Health leadership to the existing change projects in the Cancer Screening Programmes
- to implement testing for Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) in Cervical Screening Wales (CSW) and;
- to implement Faecal Immunochemical Testing (FIT) in Bowel Screening Wales
- Strategic leadership of cancer programmes elements of the organisation’s integrated medium term (strategic) plan
- Working with professional leads and managers to establish a process to undertake continuous evaluation of new and existing approaches to cancer screening programmes in order to ensure the best use of resources for the population
- Working with professional leads and managers to establish clear outcomes for improving health through cancer screening services
- Provide screening expertise input to colleagues and established groups and workstreams to support the work on prevention and early diagnosis of cancer in population in Wales
Applications are welcomed from Consultants in Public Health of any professional background; previous experience in screening is desirable but not essential. The role will provide the opportunity to contribute at all-Wales and UK level, and to work with Welsh Government, Health Boards, Primary Care and Third Sector organisations.
The role is substantive and full-time although applicants who wish to work less than full-time will also be considered. It is anticipated that the base for this post will be either Capital Quarter 2, Tyndall Street, Cardiff, CF10 4BQ or Magden Park, Talbot Green, Llantrisant, CF62 8XL.
The post holder must be on the GMC/GDC Specialist Register/UK Voluntary Register for Public Health Specialists or within 6 months of obtaining CCT at the time of interview.
To discuss this post and/or arrange an informal visit, please contact:
Dr Sharon Hillier, Director of Screening Division, Public Health Wales
E-mail: email@example.com Alternatively, please click the apply button.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 25th July 2018