Designated Doctors for Child Safeguarding
West Suffolk CCG
The Designated Doctor for Suffolk will take a proactive strategic, professional lead on all aspects of the health service contribution to safeguarding children across Suffolk, providing support to all providers and linking particularly with named safeguarding health professionals, local authority children’s services, and the Local Safeguarding Children’s Board.
The post requires a strong commitment to prevention of child abuse agenda across the county in addition to comprehensive reviews of serious complex cases to ensure quality improvement across health and social care. There is also a strong training and development component.
As Designated Doctor you will
- Hold consultant status or equivalent
- Have undergone higher professional training in paediatrics
- Have substantial clinical experience in the field of safeguarding/child protection and substantial experience of the legislation relating to children and young people, and the court process
- Be clinically active (or have held an active clinical position in the previous two years) in the field of safeguarding/child protection, as part of your clinical commitments
- Have proven negotiating and leadership skills.
For further information please contact Cindie Dunkling on 01473 264357.
Although this post is for Suffolk consideration will be given to an appropriate candidate based further afield with facilities available such as video conferencing, email, mobile phone and ‘virtual platforms’ to provide this cover from a distance.
To apply email your CV with a cover letter by clicking the apply button.
Apply for Designated Doctors for Child Safeguarding
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly