Consultant Paediatric Histopathologist
Temple Street Children’s University Hospital (TSCUH) and Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital Crumlin (OLCHC), Ireland, under the umbrella of the Children’s Hospital Group (CHG) are seeking a Consultant Paediatric Histopathologist on a Type B basis under the Consultants’ Contract 2008 (as per standard text issued by the HSE).
This is a permanent full-time post (39 hours per week) with an initial commitment of:
- 21 hours Temple Street Children’s University Hospital, Ireland
- 18 hours Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin, Ireland
(pending establishment and transfer on establishment to the National Paediatric Hospital)
The following qualifications apply to the post:
- Registration as a Specialist in the Specialist Division of the Register of Medical Practitioners maintained by the Medical Council in Ireland in the specialty of histopathology (detail on eligibility for Specialist Registration is available on www.medicalcouncil.ie)
- One year certified postgraduate training in paediatric histopathology
A proleptic appointment will be considered where an applicant may require further training to fulfil the requirements of the post.
This unique post will offer:
- The opportunity to work within established histopathology departments in Temple Street Children’s University Hospital and Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin (please see www.cuh.ie and www.olchc.ie for further information) prior to the transfer to the National Paediatric Hospital on the St. James’s Hospital campus in Dublin 8, Ireland, opening mid-2022
- There will be exciting research opportunities in paediatric histopathology
- The National Paediatric Hospital is the most significant capital investment project ever undertaken in healthcare in Ireland which, in addition to the two paediatric urgent care centres based at Connolly Hospital, Blanchardstown and Tallaght University Hospital, will result in a new world-class digital children’s hospital. The hospital will be seven storeys at its highest, comprising of approx. 160,000m2 of accommodation including the car park and will include:
- 6,150 rooms in total
- 380 individual inpatient rooms, each with an en-suite and bed for parent to sleep near their child
- 93 day beds
- 22 operating theatres and procedure rooms
- 4 acres of outdoor areas and gardens with 14 gardens and internal courtyards
Please see www.newchildrenshospital.ie for more information on the design and clinical vision.
Further enquiries may be made to: Dr Melanie Cotter, Director of Laboratory Medicine/Consultant Haematologist, Temple Street Children’s University Hospital, Temple Street, Dublin 1, Ireland, on Tel: +353 (0)1 8784200, Email: email@example.com and Dr Michael McDermott, Consultant Paediatric, Histopathologist, Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital Crumlin, Crumlin, Dublin, D12 V004, Ireland on Tel: +353 (0)1 4096100, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should forward a copy of CV (accompanied by the names and addresses of three referees, two of whom must refer to recent appointments) to: Ms. Iris Cranley, Medical Manpower Manager, Temple Street Children’s University Hospital, Temple Street, Dublin 1, Ireland on Tel: +353 (0)1 878 4710, Email: email@example.com
Latest date for receipt of applications: Friday, 20th July 2018.
**** Pending the filling of the permanent post above, those applicants interested in a Temporary post commencing, as soon as possible, should forward a copy of CV to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org