Clinical Professor (Education) Global Health
Centre for Public Health
School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences
The University has invested more than £100 million in research and teaching infrastructure across the Health Sciences and Royal Victoria Hospital Campuses and will continue to invest heavily in these areas to support the University’s Vision 2020. The School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences oversees the Centre for Cancer Research and Cell Biology, Centre for Experimental Health and Centre for Public Health. The Centre for Public Health (CPH) research centre is committed to high quality research aimed at improving public health, and comprises of over 30 academic researchers. The staff within the Centre aim to identify the epidemiological and genetic risk factors that are important for the health of the individual and of the population, and to develop screening and interventions to reduce the burden of chronic disease in the future. To achieve this, CPH is developing high quality research programmes involving close collaboration between clinical experts and scientists with skills in biochemistry, epidemiology, genetics and statistics. There is a strong emphasis on maintaining international research collaborations, facilitated through formal links with a number of other institutions. In addition, the Centre actively participates in research networks throughout the UK and Europe.
The principal aim of this professorial position is to provide leadership within the clinical academic base of Global Public Health within the Centre for Public Health, as well as the Centre for Medical Education, School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences at Queen’s University Belfast (QUB), in particular with regard to teaching and learning at undergraduate and postgraduate level, and scholarly activity related to Global Public Health. The appointee will also contribute to School/Faculty/University administration/outreach activity and, where appropriate, delivery and enhancement of the public health service.
The successful candidate must have:
- Primary Medical Degree
- Higher degree (PhD, MD or equivalent)
- Full Registration with the GMC or eligible for inclusion within six months of the interview date.
- Inclusion on the relevant Specialist Register or eligible for inclusion within six months of the interview date
- Post registration qualification (Membership of relevant Royal College or equivalent by examination)
- Sustained record of pedagogical or scholarly publications in high quality, internationally recognised journals contributing to the conceptual and/or practical development of the discipline.
- Sustained record of obtaining external funding for pedagogical or scholarly research, educational development, knowledge transfer or outreach activity, as appropriate to subject area
Further information about the Centre can be found at http://go.qub.ac.uk/CentrePublicHealth
Anticipated interview date: Monday 20 August 2018.
Closing date: Monday 30 July 2018
For full criteria and to apply online, please click the apply button. For further information or assistance contact Human Resources, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on HR@qub.ac.uk
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.