Resident Medical Officer – Oncology SPR Doctor
Contract Type: Part Time or Full Time permanent or bank contracts
Salary: £60000 - £65000 pa (full time salary)
Location: London and Manchester
Current Vacancies: The Harley Street Clinic, Princess Grace Hospital, Sarah Cannon Research Institute, HCA at The Christie, HCA at University College Hospital,The Wellington Hospital and London Bridge Hospital
Develop your medical career with HCA Healthcare UK, the world’s largest private hospital healthcare group, to specialise in complex care. Demonstrated by our 2017 CQC ‘Outstanding’ ratings across the group, our team of exceptional medical and nursing experts always go the extra mile for our patients and colleagues. They are at the height of their careers and will help you in developing yours.
We are recruiting now for Specialist Oncology Doctors - RMO on a full time or part time basis to work in either of our Chemotherapy Day Case and/or Inpatient wards. We also have a unique opportunity within our world renowned Clinical trials unit; Sarah Cannon Research Institute.
The services we cover are: Cancer Diagnostics and Imaging, Genetic Testing and Counselling, Cancer Surgery and Inpatient care, Radiation Oncology, Survivorship programme, Bone Marrow Transplantation, Fertility Services, Molecular profiling, Clinical Drug Trials and Palliative Care.
To apply for these role you will need:
- MBBS medical qualification
- Registered with the GMC and current licence to practise
- Evidence of specialist training in Oncology, Haematology and/or Oncology Clinical Trials
- Current ALS Certificate
- MRCP is advantageous
About The Individual:
Working in this role would be ideal for a Junior Doctor Specialist who aspires to have a consultant career in Oncology. This opportunity will provide pre CMT valuable experience working with world renowned specialist consultants, pioneering private practice treatments and medical advancements in complex care.
Summary of duties:
- Work in close liaison with the nursing team and multi-disciplinary team to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered
- Provide medical cover, on instructions given by the consultants regarding patient management
- Undertake daily walk rounds
- Update all patient records
- Complete drug charts and liaise with the nurse in charge regarding any potential problems
- Clerking of admissions and liaising with the supervising or admitting consultant
- Take part in ward audits, education, training and research to continuously improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients
- Attend to patients attending the chemotherapy day unit, radiotherapy department, and private outpatient clinics as requested
- Consent patients following explanation of procedures such as, cytotoxic chemotherapy administration and radionuclide therapy as required
- Undertake specific tests as requested by the consultant (including, blood tests, bone marrow examinations, lumbar punctures, paracentesis and pleural fluid aspiration)
- Our attractive rewards packages includes: Competitive salary, paid indemnity insurance, 5 days study leave, medical healthcare insurance, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review. Should you wish to conduct study further, our in-house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests.
About HCA Healthcare UK:
Since 2008 HCA Healthcare UK has invested £100m in cancer services and its cancer network in London and Manchester.
We are one of the only private healthcare providers whose services cover the entire cancer pathway and the first cancer network (private or public) to be awarded CHKS Oncology standards.
Our cancer patients get the most accurate diagnostic and effective treatment thanks to our state of the art medical technology. We were first in the UK to offer the revolutionary CyberKnife system and Di Vinci Robert. We are also the only private hospital group in the country using the ground-breaking new NanoKnife system, a pioneering cancer treatment for inoperable tumours.
Email your CV to Cecily.Parkes@hcahealthcare.co.uk
Apply for Resident Medical Officer – Oncology SPR Doctor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly