Consultant Radiologist with a special interest in gynaecological and oncology imaging
University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country and a major teaching and research centre. With 8,000 staff, nine hospitals and over 100 different clinical services, we support the delivery of excellent care to the people of Bristol and beyond.
In response to a rising workload, we are looking for a Consultant Radiologist with a special interest in gynaecological and oncology imaging to expand our current dedicated team of 28 whole time equivalent Consultants providing general, specialist and tertiary level Radiology services to the city of Bristol and the wider region in both emergency and elective settings.
The Radiology Department is well-equipped, and is strongly involved in research and training, hosting specialist Radiology trainees in the Severn Deanery.
The successful candidates will support general Radiology in UH Bristol, offering a specialist interest in Gynecological and Oncology Imaging.
Bristol was rated as the best city to live in the UK by the Sunday Times in 2017. Bristol has coast and countryside right on its doorstep. There is a real buzz about the city, and whether you are looking for culture, sport, shopping or eating out, it is all here for you. The city has strong transport links, and faster rail networks will see journey times to London cut to just 80 minutes. Bristol is the UK's first Cycling City, acknowledging the city's growing status as one of Europe's most bike-friendly destinations, and in 2015 Bristol becomes UK’s first European Green Capital.
For further details and to apply for this post, please click on the APPLY button
Informal visits contact: Mandy Williams, Radiology on 0117 342 29378 or e-mail Mandy.Williams2@UHBristol.nhs.uk
University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country and the major teaching and research centre for the South West. With 8,000 staff, over 100 different clinical services, working in nine hospitals in the centre and to the south of Bristol, we offer a wide range of careers and jobs. Together we support the delivery of excellent care to the people of Bristol and beyond.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust is an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we’re meeting our pledge.
- Please ensure you check your emails regularly as this is how we will communicate with you throughout the recruitment process. We may also contact you by texting the mobile number, if provided, on the application form.
- As a guide interviews should usually take place within 3 weeks of the closing date.
- When providing employment reference details, please provide correct work related email addresses so references can be sought promptly when we are looking to progress your application. Your referee must all be known to you in a line manager or professional lead capacity.
- All staff identified as AT-RISK who meets the requirements of the post will be prioritised accordingly. Priority will initially be given to University Hospital Bristol employees.
- The Trust uses the recruitment platform TRAC systems to administer all stages of the recruitment process meaning that information in regard to shortlisting will not be communicated via NHS Jobs.
PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO HIGH VOLUMES OF APPLICATIONS YOU MAY NOT ALWAYS RECIEVE THE OUTCOME FROM SHORTLISTING.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.