Medical Director (Aged Care)
Medical Director (Aged Care) – Aged Care Services, Diagnostic, Emergency and Medical Services, Southport, Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service.
About the role
An opportunity has become available for an innovative Medical Director – Aged Care to join Gold Coast Health where the focus of our 9000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to over 550,000 people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region of Australia.
About Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care.
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.3 billion.
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Day and Robina and Southport Health Precincts.
- Acute and sub-acute care in hospital and community settings.
- Located in the lower southeast corner of the state of Queensland one of Australia’s leading lifestyle destinations.
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle.
The Gold Coast provides all the conveniences of living in a modern city including great restaurants, fantastic shopping and sophisticated style and attractions such as theme parks, wildlife adventures, arts, culture and much more. Enjoy an ideal year round climate, endless golden surfing beaches and hectares of relaxing rainforest hinterland.
You will take responsibility for
- Providing strategic leadership and direction to the Aged Care Services.
- Building a shared vision with medical, allied health and nursing staff as well as primary and aged care sectors for patient focussed geriatric care.
- Developing an integrated Geriatric Service across the acute care sector through to Community Services.
- Collaborating with local universities for teaching and research opportunities.
- Clinical management of the medical staff.
- Developing strong links with General Medicine, Rehabilitation, Emergency Medicine and other specialty services within the health service.
We offer fabulous employee benefits including
• Estimated total remuneration up to $401,700 p.a., comprising:
• Base salary from – $171,044 to $216,865 p.a.
• Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
• Motor vehicle allowance
• Professional development allowance
• Granted private practice rights
• Clinical Managers Allowance of $10, 261 p.a.
• Overtime and on-call allowances
• Professional indemnity cover
• Professional development leave
• Annual leave loading
• Salary packaging
How to apply
Apply for this role by clicking on the “Apply” button and submitting a resume and covering letter addressing your suitability to the role by Wednesday, 4th July 2018.
Job Ad reference: GC277814
Please note: no third party applications will be accepted.
Enquiries: Dr Nick Buckmaster (07) 5687 0123.
Application Kit: (07) 5667 3209 or by https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au
Closing Date: Wednesday, 4th July 2018.