Senior Occupational Health Physician
Iqarus Ltd aims to provide high quality medical assessments, consultations, sickness, sickness absence management, travel health, drug & alcohol testing, well-being, health surveillance, occupational hygiene, training services, managed medical provision on & offshore and emergency topside & diving services.
Purpose of the role
To deliver an Occupational Medical Service within the General Medical Council (GMC) and Faculty of Occupational Medicine (FOM) Codes of Professional Conduct and Scope of Professional Practice and to work with the Client Relationship and Account Management team to ensure that services are delivered in line with the Client contract and expectations, whilst providing clinical supervision to any Iqarus or Client medics engaged on the assigned contract(s).
- Maintain professional standards and CPD in accordance with current legislation and practices
- Provide occupational health advice to clients and clinical supervision and occupational health support to colleagues
- Client focal point for employee related occupational health matters
- Represent Iqarus and/or client at client or industry meetings and forums
- Champion of Iqarus’ services and solutions, promoting continual improvement
- Day to day clinical service delivery including routine medical screening, occupational health consultations, assessing medevacs, medical advisory and consultancy services, specialist medical services and clinics, product innovation, health data protection, health intelligence.
- Provide medical advisory, technical occupational health consultancy work.
- Work closely with Clinical Directors and Medical Director on assigned projects.
- Be prepared to take on the role of Clinical Lead in a field deemed suitable.
- Provide clinical supervision and relevant clinical training to more junior clinical staff, Nurses, Technicians and offshore Medics.
- Clinical supervision of medics on assigned contract(s) to deliver services in line with legislation, and the contract and client’s expectations.
- Conduct audits and/or site visits as required at onshore or offshore, client or Iqarus locations.
- Cooperation in the efficient running of the company by performing other reasonable duties requested.
- Participation in Topside rota where clinical background appropriate
- Client Engagement
- Delivery of client’s clinical and/or occupational health services in line with the contract and client’s expectations (including clinics, absence reviews and policy and/or procedure reviews).
- Assist in the implementation of new contracts and services.
- Attend regular client meetings, closing out any assigned actions in a timely manner.
- Provide advice and guidance to support client’s occupational health programs.
- Log and respond to client queries in accordance with contractual service level agreements (SLA’s) and/or key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Participate in client review meetings as required.
- Provide guidance in set up of medical facilities at assigned client sites.
- Assist contract management team, as required/requested, with preparation of quotes for additional, offsite and/or ad hoc work.
Qualifications and Skills Essential for the Role
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Full GMC Registration (licensed to practice medicine)
- OGUK Pin
- Ability to provide some or all of statutory medicals such as Lead, HAVS Tier or Ionising Radiation
- MFOM or above
- Oil and Gas industry experience, providing medical services to drillers, operators and service companies
- Other industry experience (government, transport or other) desirable
- Relevant experience in Occupational Health
- Medical Advisory experience
- Committed to providing service excellence
- Comprehensive knowledge of English (spoken, written and reading)
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong coaching and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good computer skills
- Efficient time management
- Ability to provide objective and constructive feedback
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with those under clinical supervision and the client
- Keep up to date with industry developments
- Ability to travel internationally/onshore/offshore to meet client/operational requirements
For formal inquires please email: Steve.Burke@iqarus.com