Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship
About the facility
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas. We offer a premium service in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics and acute neurological rehabilitation.
The Wellington Hospital is offering an Aesthetic Fellow to join the Plastic Surgery unit. You will be mentored by our team of 6 Consultant Plastic Surgeons throughout a 3 month fellowship contract. This post is fully recognised by the GMC and is eligible for OOPT.
In this role you will have the opportunity to build experience in every aspect of contemporary aesthetic surgery, from pre-operative assessment, to operative treatment and post-operative care.
- Job Type: 3 month fixed term contract (Contract start dates: 1st Jan 2019, 1st April 2019, 1st July 2019, 1st October 2019).
- Location: The Wellington Hospital - St John's Wood, London NW8 9LE
- Hours: 40 hours per week.
- Salary: £41,902 - £48,515 (Pro Rata)
This job is advertised on 22/05/2018, and will be closed on 22/06/2018
Duties & Responsibilities
- To work primarily as the surgical assistant to the plastic surgery consultants in their operating lists at the Wellington Hospital.
- Opportunities may arise with individual consultants to sit in on patient consultations; if there is no requirement for a surgical assistant in the Wellington hospital that day.
- To be part of a team that provides 24 hour medical support to patients and immediate life support to any patient visitor of staff member as required.
- To assist in the management of patients and to provide back up support for consultants.
Skills and Experience
- These posts suit trainees at ST8 & ST9 level.
- Obtained FRCS (Plast) exam or equivalent.
- Licensed to practice, and having current valid GMC registration.
- Clear patient-first ethos and strong communication skills.
About the Individual
These posts have educational approval, and research and audit is encouraged.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details. We look forward to meeting you!
Apply for Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly