Doctors required for sessional work
Sessional work on a self employed basis
Fees to be negotiated and agreed as appropriate
We have an opportunity for one or more Doctors, to provide termination of pregnancy, at our BPAS clinics in Peterborough, Merseyside, Middlesbrough, and Bournemouth and Nottingham. Ours teams are dedicated to providing sensitive, high-quality, evidence-based abortion care and related services.
As a key member of the team you will provide safe and effective surgical and medical terminations of pregnancy, provide contraception and treatment for sexually transmitted infections, and manage post-procedure complications.
- Complete pre-treatment assessment and statutory documentation
- Assess and provide advice on the management of clients with medical or other conditions which may affect the surgical procedure
- Carry out termination of pregnancy by medical or surgical methods in accordance with practicing privileges granted and BPAS guidelines, policies and procedures
- Provide support, advice and guidance to nursing staff during recovery and in the management of unexpected outcomes.
We are also looking for:
- Full General Medical Council registration and license to practice
- Experience of independent practice of abortion procedures/gestations for which privileges are sought
- Knowledge of termination of pregnancy procedures and the assessment and management of complications
- Strong communication skills with the ability to be proactive and flexible
- Experience of IUD/IUS/Implant insertion along with knowledge of sexual health issues
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload whilst maintaining strict confidentiality
- Willing to travel to other sites and work additional hours as necessary.
- Shift pattern available - exact details to be discussed.
Interested so far?
Full details of all available roles can be found on our website
www.bpasjobs.org or by clicking the apply button.
If you would prefer to speak to somebody about our opportunities,
please contact us on 01789 265026.
We do reserve the right to bring forward our closing date without notice,
in the event of high volumes of interest.