We are developing a new national rehabilitative service in Mental Health and are inviting applications for the position of a Consultant Psychiatrist (Social & Rehabilitation Psychiatry) for a permanent full-time role.
The Consultant Psychiatrist role will be to lead and develop a multi-disciplinary team to support the Specialised Mental Health Rehabilitation Programme.
The Specialised Mental Health Rehabilitation Programme at Bloomfield Mental Health Service is a person centred service designed to assist individuals with severe and enduring mental illness and complex needs who have had prolonged episodes of severe and enduring mental illness to recover and to regain the skills and confidence required to live an independent life. The programme approach is aimed to meet the needs of a small but significant number of individuals who attend mental health services. It is estimated as many as 10% of people entering mental health services will have complex needs that require rehabilitation and support over many years. The service is funded by the HSE and takes referrals through the HSE from all over Ireland.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Consultant Psychiatrist (Social & Rehabilitation Psychiatry) to play an integral and active role in a committed Multidisciplinary Team to make a significant contribution in the area of mental health rehabilitation.
The post of Consultant Psychiatrist is a pivotal post with responsibility to lead a multi-disciplinary clinical team and ensuring that the highest standard of clinical care is planned, delivered and evaluated and that all targets and objectives are met in line with national and local standards.
The Consultant Psychiatrist will lead and develop a clinical team to work with residents with severe and enduring mental illness and complex needs who have had prolonged episodes of severe and enduring mental illness to recover and to regain the skills and confidence required to live an independent life.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility for the provision of the services of a psychiatrist to patients and residents and for the purpose of regulatory compliance.
- Support the continued development of Clinical Governance and to assist in the implementation of the strategic and operational plans of Bloomfield Health Services.
- Provision by Bloomfield Health Services of Clinical Services within a legally compliant framework.
- Efficient, effective and economic provision of clinical services within a defined budgetary framework
- Provision of teaching, research and academic support at a senior level as developed at associated educational facilities, e.g. Trinity College Dublin
The successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Full registration in the Specialist Register (Psychiatrist) of Medical Practitioners. maintained by the Medical Council in Ireland or entitlement to be so registered.
- Seven years post-graduation experience.
- Registered as a general adult psychiatrist with a sub specialised interest in either rehabilitation psychiatry or neuropsychiatry desirable.
- Have a management level or position of additional responsibility to their clinical area.
- Demonstrate an ability to lead change and to develop clinical services.
- Energetic individual with solid clinical experience in working with a team of diverse clinicians and strong knowledge of the concepts and operation of Clinical Governance.
- Strong ability to teach, manage, participate and play a key role in the practice education of medical students, medical staff, nursing and other professions and promote and engage in the teaching/training/support of others as appropriate.
- Have a good knowledge and experience of health, safety and other statutory regulations affecting a healthcare organisation.
- Ability to deliver core contracted hours and to undertake on call as a member of a rota.
Bloomfield Health Services offers a competitive package inclusive of support for further professional development.
CV and cover letter should be sent to the HR Department email@example.com. Closing date for receipt of applications is: Tuesday 19th June 2018
Our benefits include:
- Family friendly working arrangements
- Fixed roster patterns
- Contributory pension
- Career development
- Comprehensive training programmes
- Further education supports
- On-site library and research facility
- Bloom Together employee well-being programme
- Employee assistance programme
- Free onsite staff parking
- Subsidised restaurant
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax saver commuter tickets
Informal enquiries and arrangements to visit Bloomfield Health Services are welcomed by Dr Jennifer Hoblyn, Clinical Director on 00353 1495 0021, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information please contact Donna Murphy on 00353 1495 0021 or email by clicking the apply button.