Senior Registrar – Intensive Care
Salary: MP Year 1‐2 $191,488 (£106,214*) ‐ $200,344 (£111,127*) p.a. ﴾inclusive of base salary, 9.5% superannuation, and professional development allowance﴿ *AUD/GBP conversion as at 08/05/2018 – Source: Oanda
Please note this is for the 2019 Senior Registrar Intensive Care intake commencing February 2019.
Position Profile: Senior Registrar - Intensive Care: provides inpatient care within one of the Western Australian Intensive Care Units at Fiona Stanley Hospital, Royal Perth Hospital or Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital.
Fiona Stanley Hospital (FSH). FSH has a 30 bedded level 3 ICU providing tertiary ICU care for all patients in the South Metropolitan Health Service and related WACHS catchment area. FSH is the primary referral centre for the Western Australian Advanced Heart and Lung Failure Service as well as the WA Cardiopulmonary Transplant Service.
Royal Perth Hospital (RPH) RPH has a 20 bedded level 3 ICU providing tertiary ICU care (with the exception of cardiac surgery) for all patients in the East Metropolitan Health Service and the related WACHS catchment area. RPH is the primary referral centre for Western Australian Major Trauma and Spinal Injury Service.
Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH) is a 30 bedded level 3 ICU providing tertiary ICU care for all patients in the North Metropolitan Health Service and related WACHS catchment area. SCGH is the primary referral centre for the Western Australian Liver Transplant service and the Western Australian Neurosurgical service.
Eligibility to Apply: Appointment as a Senior Registrar will ordinarily require that the individual already has:
- An appointment at Senior Registrar level in a tertiary Intensive Care Unit; OR
- Fellowship of a medical College recognized for exemption from the requirement to complete the Primary Examination of the College of Intensive Care Medicine (e.g. FRACP, FACEM, FANZCA) or an equivalent Fellowship; OR
- Completion of the examination requirements for the Fellowship of the College of Intensive Care Medicine; OR substantial progress towards completion of training with the College; OR
- Substantial experience (usually 2 years or more) in a tertiary intensive care unit.
Applicants must be eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia and eligible to work in Australia. Further information can be found at www.medicalboard.gov.au/Registration.aspx and
- Applicants should refer to the ‘apply’ link below to obtain full application instructions and view the Job Description Form and Selection Criteria.
- Eligible applicants are requested to apply directly online at:
Please note: South Metropolitan Health Service will only accept applications that are lodged with the express permission of the applicant and containing all necessary information, including personal contact details. We will not accept unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment agencies and/or search firms will not be accepted, and fees will not be paid to any such organisation unless arranged with the provider prior to the advertisement of this vacancy.
General information on living and working in Western Australia (for doctors currently based in the UK or Ireland): contact the WA Department of Health’s London office on 020 7395 0575, email firstname.lastname@example.org