Clinical Lead - GMP
Clinical Lead - GMP
Join us at Care + Custody, a growing Mitie Group Company.
Our vision is ‘The Exceptional Everyday’
£85,000 per annum increasing to £90,000 upon completion of probation £4K car allowance
42 hours a week
As a private sector company delivering public services to some of the most vulnerable people in our society it is vital that everything we do is driven by making sure our services are ethical, safe and meet the highest performance standards.
Care + Custody was founded in 2009, has an enviable record of growth, is continuing to expand its services into new areas across the UK and we want you to share in that success.
Currently we deliver services to 13 police forces and 2 prisons, conducting over 200,000 medical interventions every year in over 60 police custody facilities and prison environments throughout England and Wales.
As a Care + Custody Clinical within the GMP contract you will be working as a member of a pioneering multi-disciplinary team. The Integrated Police Custody Healthcare and Wider Liaison & Diversion Partnership, is the first of its kind in the UK. Team members from Care + Custody, North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust and Cheshire & Greater Manchester Community Rehabilitation Company work collaboratively in this trailblazing partnership to provide a lifeline to thousands of vulnerable people, offering help and support to those who may have previously fallen through the net.
This means people of all ages who commit, or are suspected of a crime, will be health assessed and screened while in custody and those with mental health issues, learning disabilities, substance misuse or other vulnerabilities will be supported in accessing appropriate services in an effort to reduce re-offending across the Greater Manchester area.
You’ll be part of a forward-thinking team that is supported and valued, a key member of a growing organisation that offers opportunities to develop your career, where you can use all your skills and experience to really make a difference.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all clinical services are delivered to the required standards of clinical care across his/her contract.
- You will provide clinical leadership, supporting the process of effective clinical governance and related procedures to ensure compliance with relevant national guidance and specific contractual requirements.
- You will work closely with contract management and the Medical Director in ensuring standards of service are achieved.
- You will commit to full participation in the consultant on call rota.
- An experienced Forensic Physician with a minimum of 5 years of clinical forensic experience.
- Has full membership of the GMC with no restrictions on practice.
- Possesses an appropriate Forensic Medical post-graduate qualification.
- Has been continuously resident in the UK for at least 36 months. (This is a police vetting requirement)
- Holds a full UK driving licence.
- Is competent in the use of the English Language whether spoken and written.
- Demonstrates skills in people management, leadership and managing change.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference within an organisation that puts people first!
For informal enquires please contact: Alan Grant, Medical Director - firstname.lastname@example.org
Or apply to with CV and covering letter by clicking the apply button.