Clinical Chair (Primary Care) - South East
IMH is a network of Primary Care centres which has recently merged with Total Physiotherapy Limited to create one integrated healthcare business of 72 sites. Dedicated to helping the NHS meet the needs of patients, we provide wide-ranging support via our field-based teams and Support Centre to enable our sites to run smoothly.
Are you passionate about driving improvements and delivering patient-focused care? We are looking for an experienced and motivated Clinical Chair for our South East cluster, which incorporates sites across London, Kent, Surrey and Basildon. You will work with the General Manager to lead the strategic direction and operational performance of all Primary Care sites in the area, whilst maintaining exceptional care for our patients.
The role will involve:
- Providing medical leadership to ensure the efficient delivery of services across the cluster
- Ensuring that all patients across the region receive appropriate care and treatment from the practice clinical teams in line with NHS and GMC guidelines
- Representing the clinical leadership team within the region and developing and maintaining mutually beneficial working relationships with all stakeholders through effective networking, (NHSE, CCG, CQC, Local Authorities, LMC, Federations, Alliances, ACS etc.)
- Working closely with the other Clinical Chairs to ensure best practice is shared
- Supporting the General Manager to ensure all practices within the region meet contractual requirements within budget
- Leading the development and implementation of new services
- Supporting the smooth integration of new sites into the cluster
- Providing clinical supervision for multi-disciplinary teams (to include but not limited to Physician Associates, Pharmacists, Physiotherapists, overseas-qualified GPs and GP Returners) and line managing all Lead GPs across the cluster
- Delivering the company clinical performance review process for the region in conjunction with the Nursing management team
- Managing the clinical investigation process within the region
- Driving, facilitating and managing change
- Ensuring that all sites pass CQC and NHS/CCG quality monitoring inspections
An ambitious GP with clinical leadership experience gained in modern primary care, you’ll be a champion of innovation and best practice in healthcare services, and a relationship-builder who can bring new ideas to life.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need:
- Evidence of strong clinical leadership resulting in high clinical standards
- An appropriate level of primary care experience
- A sound knowledge and understanding of key NHS issues, clinical performance monitoring systems and the national regulatory framework
- Demonstrable stakeholder management expertise
- Multi-site experience
- Current GMC registration and an active Performer Number
- A sound knowledge of clinical governance and clinical performance management
- The ability to drive and manage change
Any experience of service implementation/re-design is highly desirable, as is experience of conducting audits and writing reports.
This field-based role is integral to the success of the South East cluster. This is a self-employed role offering £52,500 per annum plus car allowance and pension for 2 days per week (16 hours). Additional clinical sessions within the cluster are available if desired.
Join our strong clinical governance structure to help support the NHS, shape the future of healthcare and make a real difference to people’s lives.
Please click ‘Apply’ below to submit an application. The job description is also available here. Alternatively, for an informal discussion regarding this role, please contact the IMH Recruitment Team on 0203 745 5530 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
**NO AGENCIES PLEASE**