Orthopaedic Surgery Registrar - August 2018
At Canterbury District Health Board, you will gain world class experience in the South Island's largest tertiary, teaching and research hospitals. Our Orthopaedic Service is busy and collaborative, with opportunities to manage a wide range of orthopaedic conditions in theatre, clinics and on the wards. With over 450 Resident Doctors employed at the CDHB, we pride ourselves on our level of medical education, training and supervision.
About the role
- Full-time Orthopaedic Surgery Registrar role, commencing in 2018
- This role is suited to someone who is considering a future training role in Orthopaedics
- Access a full academic programme, including weekly journal club and trauma meetings
- We provide training to support your placement on the Australasian Orthopaedic Training Programme (for those qualifying to become an Orthopaedic Surgeon)
- Something For You is an employee benefits programme. You will be entitled to preferential rates at a wide selection of partners, including health insurance, gyms, activities and travel
Skills and experience
- You will be working at post-graduate year three or above, with at least six months experience in Orthopaedics
- You must be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility by visiting the Council's website at www.mcnz.org.nz
- Care and respect for others. Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata
- Integrity in all we do. Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono
- Responsibility for outcomes. Te Takohanga i ngā hua.
How to apply
The application process will take approximately fifteen minutes to complete and you will be required to submit electronic copies of your CV and covering letter, as well as the contact details for three referees.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at cdhbcareers.co.nz to complete an application.
For further information, email Tracey Sutherland on email@example.com or alternatively, please click the apply button.