Retirement has created an opportunity for an enthusiastic General Practitioner to join our team. Working in our very remote and rural practice offers different challenges but is generally less pressured and more rewarding than would be the day to day experience of most GPs. In the interest of attracting the best candidate(s) the post on offer can be flexed to suit. We are seeking a salaried GP to join our team for an initial fixed term contract of 1 year to start after August 2018.
We cover a large area of Wester Ross which lies on the famous www.northcoast500.com route containing remote, mainly coastal, rural settlements. Join us if you desire the opportunity to practise truly holistic, family centred, remote and rural medicine in a relaxed environment in one of the most beautiful parts of the country.
- Currently 3 GP partners, part time adv. nurse practitioner, practice nurses
- GMS contract
- List size 2,200
- Vision clinical system + Docman for mail handling
- Work from 2 health board owned surgery sites; one in Gairloch and one in Aultbea
- Many leisure opportunities (walking, climbing, cycling, sailing, golf) and good local schools
- No QOF in Scotland!
- GP training practice & University of Aberdeen medical student placement training
- Out-of-hours: weekday nights (Mon – Thurs) currently covered by the practice via shared rota (not busy). Weekends optional
- Salary range £60k - £70k plus £10k allowance for share of weekday OOH cover
Informal enquiries & visits encouraged.
For more information, including practice profile and to request an application form please contact: Mr Andrew Vickerstaff, Practice Manager, The Health Centre, Achtercairn, Gairloch IV21 2BP. Telephone: 01445 712229 or by clicking the apply button.
Closing date for applications: Friday 18 May 2018