Regional Clinical Lead Doctor
Regional Clinical Lead Doctor (Sexual Offence Examiner / Forensic Medical Examiner) - Part Time
24 hours per week Monday – Friday (3 days per week)
The role will involve covering the following regions: West Midlands; West Mercia; Warwickshire; Staffordshire
Indemnity insurance up to £7,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen to provide Clinical Leadership and effective Clinical Governance to the West Midlands Region Adult SARC Team covering West Midlands, West Mercia, Staffordshire or Warwickshire. The successful candidate will be an experience Sexual Offence Examiner who is passionate about delivering and ensuring high standards and best practice and sharing their knowledge and experience with others.
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men and women who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including Sexual Health and Emergency contraception, as well as facilitating onward support and referrals to other agencies, such as Counselling, Independent Sexual Violence Advisors and Health.
- GMC Registered with a license to practice
- Experienced Sexual Offence Examiner
- Minimum 3 years post graduate experience in a relevant speciality (Gynaecology, Genitourinary medicine Reproductive & Sexual Health, General Practice, or Accident & Emergency)
- Experience of Clinical Governance Processes
- Teaching/Presenting Training Experience
- Excellent Safeguarding knowledge and understanding
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure
- Medical Indemnity (MPS/MDU/MDDUS) (min. £10 million)
- Access to own transport and Driving License
- Leadership and Management Experience
- DFCASA/LFFLM or equivalent
This role has No Line Management responsibility.
- To provide Clinical Leadership and effective Clinical Governance to the Sexual Offence Examiners across the SARC Services in the West Midlands Region – Horizon, West Midlands, Grange Park, Staffordshire,, The Glade, West Mercia and Blue Sky Centre, Warwickshire.
- To work with the SARC managers to deliver clinical governance activity across the four SARC Services in order to maintain quality and standards and facilitate the development of the SOE Nurse’s knowledge and experience.
- To provide acute forensic examinations for victims of rape and sexual assault, aged 16 and over, in accordance with G4S Health, FFLM and GMC guidelines and code of conduct, in certain circumstances. There is no routine rota commitment.
- To assist in the clinical management of the SARC Services in line with national SARC Best Practice To deliver services within the NHSE contractual obligations
For formal enquires email Verushla.Jubb@uk.g4s.com / or call 07885 948216
Please click the apply button.