Consultant in Emergency Medicine with Paediatric Subspecialisation
STH&K is a 3 star trust with over 800 beds. A complete rebuild opened in 2010. With all core specialities plus regional burns & plastics. The ED has over 100,000 new attendances per annum (approx 22,000 children). Current team of 10.5 WTE consultants.
The post is a full-time appointment (10 - 12 PA) in the Emergency Department. The post offers 7.5 – 9.5 direct clinical care (DCC) sessions and 2.5 supporting professional activities (SPA).
You will be expected to contribute approximately one evening session per week of shop floor cover, plus 1:6 weekends (combination of shop floor cover and on-call) and contribute to a 1 in 10 consultant on-call. They will be expected to take leadership of the Paediatric area of the Emergency department and lead its evolution, with the support of the current ED Consultants.
The Trust is committed to the delivery of high quality patient care and works to support the ED in achieving the A&E four hour standard target. Clinicians are heavily involved in the management of the hospital and this facilitates a sound and friendly working environment.
The Trust vision is to provide 5 star patient care to every patient every time as illustrated by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with the vision and values, which can be found by clicking on the Trust Objectives 2017-18 document via the link on the right of the screen.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated well with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Ranked highest in the NHS for staff recommending the Trust as a place to work (NHS Friends and Family Test 2016)
- Best Patient Environment in the North West (PLACE 2016)
- Best Performing Trust in North West (Advancing Quality 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Top 100 places to work in the NHS (Health Service Journal 2015)
To apply please click the apply button.
To arrange an informal visit or request more information please contact Dr Andy Ashton, Clinical Director, 0151 430 1853. Andy.Ashton@sthk.nhs.uk
Closing date: 21 May 2018.
Interview date: 8 June 2018.