Resident Medical Officer (RMO)
Ascot Rehabilitation is a centre of excellence in delivering specialist consultant-led rehabilitation to patients with neurological conditions, attracting patients from all around the world. We are continuously investing in our facilities to ensure our patients have access to the latest treatments and technology.
Due to our continued growth we are now recruiting for a Resident Medical Officer (RMO) equivalent to NHS Trust Grade Doctor to join our multi-disciplinary team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate aspiring to get experience in a spectrum of acute and chronic neurological conditions like vascular, demyelinising, inflammatory and degenerative disorders.
We have a 15 bed self-contained rehabilitation unit complemented by a highly trained multidisciplinary team. The service is well equipped with state of art Therapy equipment using up-to-date technologies and ample therapy areas, like physiotherapy gym, hydrotherapy and occupational therapy treatment.
Duties & Responsibilities
Comprehensive initial clerking of all new patients:
- Conduct thorough history taking and examination
- Formulate an admission summary and management plan
- Order and interpret routine investigations
- Prescribe required medication
Monitoring of patient progress:
- Review patient in person and review drug chart regularly
- Respond promptly to change in patient clinical condition
- Attend Multidisciplinary Team Meetings
- Inform consultant and seek advice when necessary
- Excellent communication skills with patients, relatives, GP’s and other colleagues
- Maintain an initial point of contact with Nurses, Therapists and Medical teams
- Complete TTO Form
Training and Education:
- Take part in ward audits, education, training and research
- To maintain participation in CPD and Appraisal
- To comply with mandatory training requirements.
Skills and Experience
Post CMT2 competences or equivalent (e.g. 3 years post F1)
Full Registration with the GMC
Eligibility to enter and work in the UK
Current ALS certification
Evidence of compliance with standards of “Good Medical Practice”
For more information, please contact the Medical Director Dr Hamid Sultan on email@example.com or 07789498883.
Please click the Apply button to apply.