West Coast House Officer and Registrar Annual Recruitment 2018/ 2019
The rugged West Coast has many advantages to urban living. There are no traffic lights on the West Coast and the pace of life is gentler. You will be surrounded by down-to-earth colleagues and feel part of a community that truly values its health workers. City life is only a 30 minute flight or 3 hour drive away over beautiful mountain passes.
- Full-time House Officer and Registrar roles commencing in December 2018
- Every three months, you will rotate through different departments (e.g. General Medicine, General Surgery, AT&R, GP, Mental Health, Paediatrics, ED-based Acute Relief and Inpatient Relief)
- We are accredited for two training programmes:
- Rural Hospital Medicine training - every three months, you will rotate through ED, General Medicine, General Surgery, Rural GP and Acute Relief
- GP Training
What's in it for me?
- Adopt a medical skillset capable of helping rural communities and work more closely with Senior Medical Officers
- Experience the very best of the great outdoors - suitable for both thrill-seekers and observers. See this link for more information: http://www.westcoasthealthcareers.co.nz/
- Live in a family-friendly environment, with facilities and schools nearby
- Earn 4% more than the rest of the country under the non-urban scale of the collective agreement
You will enjoy
- Interesting medicine
- Excellent exposure to SMO's and procedures
- Great lifestyle
- Friendly team atmosphere
- Diverse range of medical experience
Skills and experience
- You will have completed PGY2 (or FY2) by December 2018.
- You must be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility by visiting the Council's website at www.mcnz.org.nz
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, then please click the apply button below.
You will need to submit:
- Electronic copies of your CV and covering letter, and
- Contact details for three referees
For further information, email Karen O'Donoghue firstname.lastname@example.org