Consultant in HIV Medicine and Sexual Health
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust provides services from Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and West Middlesex University Hospital—and a number of community-based services across London, such as award-winning sexual health and HIV clinics.
The Trust has over 6,000 staff proudly serving a million people locally, regionally, nationally and internationally. We treat a patient every 40 seconds, performing 34,000 operations and carrying out 391,000 scans, x-rays and procedures each year. As the second largest maternity provider in the country we help deliver a baby almost every hour of the day. We are one of the best performing trusts in London for A&E waiting times, and our mortality rates are some of the best in the country.
Our Trust has been rated by the Care Quality Commission as ‘Good’ in all five of the main domains of safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led, giving an us overall rating of ‘Good’. We are one of the first trusts to receive ‘Good’ across the board under the new CQC inspection framework. Both hospitals within our Trust—Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and West Middlesex University Hospital—were rated as ‘Good’ overall.
Our Trust was awarded an ‘Outstanding’ rating for ‘use of resources’ by an NHS Improvement inspection which was completed during the same period as the CQC assessment.
About the role
Applications are invited to apply for the position of Consultant in HIV Medicine and Sexual Health at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (CWFT). The post is based at West Middlesex (WM) University Hospital in Hounslow, London.
CWFT is one of the best performing Foundation Trusts in London for A&E waiting times and mortality rates are better than average. CWFT provides a comprehensive range of acute services at both the CW and WM sites. New services at the WM site include cardiac catheter services and a Paediatric assessment unit.
CWFT is the largest provider of HIV and Sexual Health services in the UK with services provided from 10 different “hub” locations. These include CW hospital (Ron Johnson ward/Gazzard daycare, Kobler clinic, John Hunter clinic), WM Hospital, 56 Dean Street, 10 Hammersmith Broadway, Epsom and St Helier hospital, and from clinics in Watford and Stevenage (Herts), and Harlow (Essex). Services in Hounslow are provided from Twickenham House on the WM Hospital site along with the Heart of Hounslow and Feltham Clinics.
The post-holder will join two other consultants and be responsible for:
- screening, diagnosing and treating service users with STIs
- leading on further service innovations in sexual health service delivery including outreach projects
- modernising the sexual and reproductive service delivery in line with the London Sexual Health Transformation Programme
- training and supervising the multidisciplinary team
- improving HIV testing outside of sexual health services
- providing and improving outpatient HIV care
Assessment date: To be confirmed
Interview date: 14/05/2018
Join us and work for a dynamic and innovative Directorate.
You must be fully registered with the GMC/GDC and hold Licence to Practice and be on the Specialist Register, or within six months of attaining your CCT or equivalent at interview stage.
To apply for this post, please click on the APPLY button.
The Trust is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all its employees as well as maintaining a workforce that broadly reflects the local communities we serve. In accordance with the Equality Act, we welcome applications from anyone who meets the specific criteria of the post regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy, religion or belief or sexual orientation. Reasonable adjustments to the interview process can also be made for any candidates with a disability.
- The closing date given is a guide only. There may be some occasions where we have to close a vacancy once sufficient applications have been received. It is therefore advisable that you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
- Please ensure you check your emails regularly as this is how we will communicate with you throughout the recruitment process.
- If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, we regret that this usually means that your application was not successful.
- In submitting an application form, you authorise Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust to confirm any previous NHS service details via the Inter Authority Transfer (IAT) process should you be appointed to the post.
- During the recruitment process your Identity Documentation (i.e. passport, driving licence, visa, etc.) will be scanned using a device which recognises UV, Infrared and Machine Readable Zone security features of the documents provided
- Employment at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is offered subject to successful completion of a six month Probationary Period