General Physician with Gastroenterology - Sun, Surf & Ski - One of NZ's best kept secrets!
We're looking for a General Physician with an interest in Gastroenterology for a full-time permanent position in New Plymouth in the stunning west coast region of Taranaki.
Join a team of 9 other Consultant Physicians in this progressive regional secondary referral centre, which benefited from a NZ$80million redevelopment in 2013 and now has modern facilities, with both an excellent Laboratory Service and an IT Service, as well.
- Great location, ideal for families
- FRACP or equivalent specialist qualifications, e.g. FRCP
- Modern spacious teaching Hospital
- 1:9 General Medicine on-call rota
- Short commute to and from work – 10 minutes max!
- Spectacular natural landscape, from mountain to sea, perfect for the outdoors lifestyle – sun, surf & ski
The General Medicine Department places a high emphasis on lifelong learning and training Doctors of the future, and you will participate and contribute to the Department’s activities, including basic and advanced trainee registrar teaching, medical student teaching, audit and service improvement. Those with experience in these areas alongside your specialist general medicine and gastroenterology expertise will be highly regarded.
What’s on offer?
- Total package circa NZ$180,000 - $300,000 pa (approx. £97,000 - £162,000 pa), depending on level of experience
- Includes base salary range NZ$158,141 - $230,000 pa
- Includes NZ$16,000 CME Allowance pa + 10 days leave pa to attend conferences
- Dedicated non-clinical time and multidisciplinary teamworking
- Relocation assistance is available
What Head Medical can do for you
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we know it can also be a complex and time-consuming process. We’re specialists in international medical recruitment and have helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle, so we’ll talk through your plans and get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.
Once we have secured a job for you, we’ll manage the medical registration and visa application processes, and support you (and any family members) with the relocation itself.
To find out more, or to apply, contact Tina Gesquiere on +44 (0)131 240 5258 or email firstname.lastname@example.org