Emergency Medicine Specialist - Waikato Region, New Zealand
We are seeking an Emergency Medicine Specialist to be based in Hamilton. Situated on the banks of New Zealand’s longest river, it is New Zealand’s 4th largest city, and its rich cultural mix and vibrant centre makes it a perfect place to experience the friendly Kiwi lifestyle.
Hamilton’s ED is the major regional referral and trauma centre for the Waikato region with a catchment population of over 800,000 people. They see approximately 79,000 patients per year with a broad case-mix of presentations from paediatrics to geriatrics, medicine to trauma – there is no aspect of emergency medical care they do not provide. Acuity is high with a 36% admission rate.
We would love to hear from candidates with experience in a variety of emergency medicine settings (including major EDs), who are interested in being involved in emergency medicine care, education and research, and keen to face the daily clinical challenges that come from working in our vibrant and busy ED.
What is on offer?
- Experience a comparable health system where your qualifications are recognised
- Competitive remuneration packages (circa NZD$190,000 to NZD$300,000 depending on your experience)
- Generous relocation assistance
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) allowance plus 10 days CME leave (pro rata)
- Multidisciplinary team working and opportunities to be involved in teaching
Apply for Emergency Medicine Specialist - Waikato Region, New Zealand
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly