12 mths FIX TERM CONTRACT SHO/FY2/ST1 accident & Emergency ( non training level)
RiG Healthcare is currently looking for FY2 doctors to join A&E department in NHS Trust in West Midlands.
This is a fix term 12 months contract with possibility to extend
Salary depended on experience between £30,513 to £39,878
About the position:
The Emergency Department is a modern, busy Department seeing around 97,000 new patients per annum. There are follow up commitments of approximately 5,000 patients per annum being seen in the. Follow up and Burns Clinics in the Department. These clinics are under the supervision of the Emergency Consultants and are held every day of the week, including urgent review clinics on Saturdays and Sundays. There are 9 Consultants within the Emergency Department covering till 2100 and 24-hour middle grade doctor supervision.
The post would suit doctors with an interest in getting onto a training post in emergency medicine. The job entails working on the junior rota in the emergency department. The post-holder will undergo appraisal throughout the post and will be required to undergo continuing professional development.
Day to day supervision will be through the Emergency Medicine Consultants. We have an established mentorship scheme in the department and the candidate will be allotted a consultant mentor. Accountability will be to the Clinical Director of Emergency Medicine. The Emergency Department has a library of text books and other educational resources relevant to Emergency Medicine, and access to the internet. The candidate will be expected to participate in the middle grade teaching program and we also encourage their role in teaching the SHO-grade doctors at their formal teaching sessions. There is a long history if helping doctors into training/VTS posts. Study leave to attend short courses will be granted where possible. The Department has purchased an ultrasound machine and attendance at an approved course to develop ultrasonography skills would be encouraged. Attendance and participation in Departmental and Hospital Post Graduate meetings will be expected. Clinical Audit and Evidence Based Medicine are actively practiced and the appointee would be expected to participate with enthusiasm.
- Responsibility for the examination and treatment of patients attending the Emergency Department under the care of the Emergency Consultants.
- Enthusiastic participation in teaching programs for junior staff, continuing medical education and clinical audit will be expected.
- Other duties at the request of the Consultants.
- Participation in a full shift rota, providing 24-hour junior support to the Emergency Department.
- Providing the clinical support to facilitate the provision of high quality, efficient services, ensuring achievement of all key performance indicators.
- Support the Clinical Director and the senior team in integrating the work of the medical, nursing, administrative and other professional/clinical staff and aligning these around the delivery of effective and efficient services.
- There may also be a requirement to undertake other similar duties as part of this post in order to provide a quality service. These will be consistent with the level of responsibilities outlined above.
- This job description may be reviewed from time to time in light of developments and may be amended in consultation with the post holder.
At present we can only accept applications from candidates who are UK or EU residents.
You must be fully GMC registered and hold valid licence to practise
If you’d like to apply or need more details, please contact Gabriela at Rig Healthcare
- 01423 790 363
- 07789 755 864