PERMANENT Specialty Doctor Obstetrics & Gynaecology needed
We are seeking to appoint a permanent Specialty Doctor to work in the department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology on the Isle of Wight to commence as soon as possible.
This is a full time, permanent position with salary range: £37,923 - £70,718 dependent on skills and experience, but candidates wishing to work part-time or job-share are encouraged to apply.
This post is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious specialty doctor to join our department in the provision of Obstetrics & Gynaecology services. There is room in the job plan for applicants to undertake their own clinics and to develop a subspeciality interest such as urogynaecology, minimal access surgery, colposcopy, infertility or sexual health services.
All duties of this post are located at St Mary’s Hospital, Newport. The post holder will assist in the provision of a comprehensive service in obstetrics and gynaecology including:
- To participate in the resident on call rota.
- To undertake operating and out-patient clinics as required.
- The professional supervision and management of junior medical and nursing staff as necessary.
- Undertake professional development and participate in audit, ensuring all clinical governance areas are met. One supporting programmed activity per week [SPA= 4 hours] will be allocated for this.
- To update one’s clinical and managerial knowledge as required by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. To attend a local annual 2-day maternity update course.
Single accommodation is available to rent in a modern residential block on the St Mary’s Hospital site. Family accommodation is subject to availability
The Isle of Wight has excellent transport links to the south coast and beyond and can be reached in less than 20 minutes by ferry from Southampton or Portsmouth. It is an area of outstanding beauty with miles of beautiful coastline and a perfect destination for families.
Applicants must be eligible to hold full registration with the General Medical Council
For an informal discussion and further details please contact Gabriela @ RIG Healthcare on
- 01423 790 363
- 07789 755 864
Apply for PERMANENT Specialty Doctor Obstetrics & Gynaecology needed
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly