Consultant opportunities in the stunning Maldives – Multiple specialties
Have you ever dreamed of working close to tropical waters where you can have the opportunity to dive, snorkel, swim and spend your free time exploring sun drenched and isolated reefs?
We are excited to be working in partnership with a private hospital in the Maldives that is planning to transform the healthcare landscape of this stunning archipelago.
The hospital opened 1st March 2018 and is already receiving around 100 patients per day. The hospital is a world-class tertiary hospital and it’s aim is to improve the standard of health for people living in the Maldives. If you think you may be available to commit to a 2-year contract or longer, please get in touch with me for further details.
What’s on offer?
- Working with doctors from all over the world
- Employment in a brand new hospital with modern facilities
- Generous tax-free salary package (salary level will be based on experience) with option to earn commission
- Accommodation provided, close to the hospital
- Meals provided while working in the hospital
- Opportunity to be part of a historical first
- Relatively quick medical registration process
- Two year contracts available – option to stay longer
- Flexible start date
- 30 days annual leave, plus circa 15 days public holidays
- CME allowance and leave
The Consultant/specialist roles we currently have available are:
- Emergency Medicine
- Anaesthesiology (All sub-specialty interests welcome to apply as we have multiple roles available)
- Thoracic Surgery
- Cardiac ICU
- Internal Medicine/Endocrinology
Can I take my family?
Yes there is definitely potential to move your family with you and many doctors and nurses who have relocated already to Hulhumale, have taken their families with them. Hulhumale is a small island, therefore space is at a premium however the hospital will provide all specialists with a one-bedroom apartment and if you want to upgrade there are options to do this to a 2 bed/3 bed or even 4 bed apartment (the difference in price is born by the doctor) All accommodation options are close and usually in walking distance to the hospital.
There are also some international schools in the Maldives which are very affordable and offer a good standard of education so please ask me for further information if you are thinking of moving your family with you.
- Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellowship with the Hong Kong Academy or College (FHKAM, FHKAM etc)
- Specialist certification from Singapore or Korea
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia
- Specialist medical qualification from Western Europe
- Fellowship of the Royal college of Physicians of South Africa
Head Medical are the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we have helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008. We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.
To find out more, or to apply, contact Amanda Gregory on +44 (0)131 240 5281 or email firstname.lastname@example.org