Exciting opportunity due to retirement for a 4-6 session GP
We are seeking to recruit a 4-6 session Salaried GP to fill an upcoming retirement vacancy to our friendly, modern and forward thinking practice. We pride ourselves on the stability and development of our workforce and are looking for the right candidate to join our team; we would welcome applications from recently qualified GPs.
Oswestry is an attractive market town of 20,000 people situated in a semi-rural location with excellent road and rail links to the North West and the Midlands. It also forms the gateway to the stunning countryside and coasts of Mid and North Wales with its many opportunities for walking and outdoor activities.
The practice is one of the largest in Shropshire with a 13,200 patient population with a patient centred approach to providing care. Teaching and learning is also a priority and we pride ourselves on being an established teaching practice who currently host undergraduate and ST1 / ST2 / ST3 postgraduates.
- 5 Partners and 4 Salaried GPs
- Stable multi-disciplinary team including 2 Nurse Practitioners, 2 Practice Nurses, Clinical Pharmacist, 3 Health Care Assistants and Community Care Co-ordinator
- Well organised, efficient and supportive administrative team
- EMIS Web, Docman and EPS paper light systems
- High QoF points achievement
- Undergraduate and postgraduate training
- Leading member of the National Institute for Health Research
- CQC rated ‘Good’ overall with an ‘Outstanding’ (2016)
- £10,250 - £10,750 per session plus indemnity
- 6 weeks pro rata leave and 1 week study leave
- £500 annual study allowance
Closing date for applications 30th April 2018.
Start date September 2018 but negotiable for the right candidate.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to: James Bradbury, Practice Manager, The Caxton Surgery, Oswald Road, Oswestry, Shropshire, SY11 1RD or alternatively, please click the apply button.
Informal visits welcomed, please contact Practice Manager as above.