Consultant Paediatric Radiologist
Bristol Royal Hospital for Children continues to expand since the recent transfer from Frenchay hospital of paediatric neurosciences, spinal surgery, burns and plastics in 2014. The hospital now offers a comprehensive range of tertiary services to the South West and, for specific specialties, to South Wales as well as providing secondary care for the children of Bristol. We are also a designated paediatric major trauma centre. There has been significant investment in imaging capability, and our paediatric radiologists work with some of the latest equipment available in a purpose built department.
We are seeking one full-time paediatric radiologist to join our experienced team, to provide secondary and tertiary level paediatric imaging, and to participate in the emergency paediatric imaging service, involving all relevant modalities, including plain film reporting, ultrasound, fluoroscopy, CT, MRI and interventional procedures. This is a replacement post. There will be opportunity to develop a subspecialty interest. An interest in paediatric interventional radiology would be especially welcomed.
Please note: CVs are not used in the short-listing process. If you are shortlisted your CV will be made available to the interview panel.
Rated by the Sunday Times as the best city to live in the UK, Bristol has coast and countryside right on its doorstep. There’s a real buzz about the city, and whether you’re looking for culture, sport, shopping or eating out, it’s all here for you. You can find out more about Bristol by visiting Bristol City Council’s website.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Informal enquiries may be made in the first instance to Dr.David Grier, clinical lead for paediatric radiology on 0117 342 8688 or email@example.com
To apply, please click the apply button.
University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country and the major teaching and research centre for the South West. With 8,000 staff, over 100 different clinical services, working in nine hospitals in the centre and to the south of Bristol, we offer a wide range of careers and jobs. Together we support the delivery of excellent care to the people of Bristol and beyond.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust is an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we’re meeting our pledge.
- Please ensure you check your emails regularly as this is how we will communicate with you throughout the recruitment process. We may also contact you by texting the mobile number, if provided, on the application form.
- As a guide interviews should usually take place within 3 weeks of the closing date.
- When providing employment reference details, please provide correct work related email addresses so references can be sought promptly when we are looking to progress your application. Your referee must all be known to you in a line manager or professional lead capacity.
- All staff identified as AT-RISK who meets the requirements of the post will be prioritised accordingly. Priority will initially be given to University Hospital Bristol employees.
- The Trust uses the recruitment platform TRAC systems to administer all stages of the recruitment process meaning that infomation in regard to shortlisting will not be communicated via NHS Jobs.
Please note that due to high volumes of applications you may not always receive the outcome from shortlisting.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.