Rotorua, New Zealand
Lifestyle balanced with professional excellence
We are seeking an enthusiastic Consultant Radiologist to join our team of 6 Consultants and training Registrar based a Rotorua Hospital.
Lakes DHB provides secondary healthcare services for a population of 104,000 through our two hospitals in Rotorua and Taupo, both of which have recently had significant upgrades and the addition of new facilities.
Rotorua Hospital is a District General Hospital in one of the most spectacular regions of New Zealand.
You will have the opportunity to balance rewarding medical practice with an amazing life style.
The beautiful Lakes District of Rotorua and Taupo is well known for its outdoor recreational options including trout fishing, walking tracks, cycling and mountain biking. Lake and river water sports such as boating and kayaking are exceptional. Add this to affordable housing, good schooling and a friendly atmosphere and you have one of the best places in the world to work as a Radiologist.
About the role
You will provide imaging in most modalities via:
• 1.5T Siemans Aera MR unit (new Oct 2016)
• GE Revolution GSI CT
• Siemens Artis Zee C-arm fluoroscopy suite
• GE Logic ultrasound units & GE Centricity RIS/PACS
• Teleradiology service reduces call back time
• Healthy department quality/audit/teaching activities
• Opportunity to work in private practice
• Hold FRANZCR/FRCR or equivalent
• Have specialist registration or be within three months of obtaining it
• Be eligible for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
The above position comes with an attractive relocation remuneration package and CME allowance for successful permanent appointments.
Check out what Rotorua has to offer:
Apply online via our website http://www.lakesdhb.govt.nz
Applications close 4 April 2018.