Consultant Liaison Psychiatrist
Would you like to work in a CQC ‘Outstanding’ rated Mental Health and Learning Disability Trust? Do you want to influence the development of mental healthcare in physical health care settings? If you are passionate about delivering excellent patient care, we are looking for you to join our Medical Workforce team. In return you will get to work with a dynamic multi-disciplinary team, receive superb training and development opportunities and excellent staff benefits (including a relocation package).
Newcastle Older People’s Psychiatric Liaison Team: 10 PAs (including 2-2.5 SPAs) with a competitive salary of £76,761 to £103,490 (or pro-rata) depending on experience. Applications are invited from psychiatrists with general adult or older people’s experience – a bespoke CPD/shadowing program to support older age competencies will be available to the successful applicant.
As HSJ Provider of the Year 2017 and a CQC ‘Outstanding’, well-established Mental Health and Learning Disability Foundation Trust, we can offer a wide range of support and opportunities including:
- An innovative, flexible approach to job planning to ensure and optimise work-life balance.
- Dedicated and protected SPA time.
- Excellent staff benefits, e.g. lease car scheme, NHS pension scheme, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme.
- Excellent Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and study leave arrangements as well as research, teaching and service development opportunities. The Trust has strong links with local universities, support academic departments in association with Newcastle, Durham and Northumbria Universities in teaching, training and research and provide national specialist services with international recognition.
- Flexible relocation package
- Focus on staff health and wellbeing support, e.g. on site gyms, occupational and wellbeing support.
- A mix of contemporary and historic buildings and state of the art working environments and facilities.
- A Global Digital Exemplar for Mental Health.
The Trust is located in the North East of England which is an area of outstanding natural beauty, containing national parks and ancient heritage sites, as well as comprising of three major cities – Newcastle upon Tyne, Sunderland and Durham – with strong and vibrant regional cultures, cuisine and entertainment. We have excellent national and international transport links on the doorstep (Newcastle International Airport) with each city no more than three hours from London by train. The North East is one of the best value regions for housing, public transport and parking in the UK and offers an excellent standard of living with outstanding schools and Universities.
For further details / informal visits contact: Dr Sarah Brown on 0191 24842 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org The team are happy to discuss details of the post with prospective candidates or alternatively click the apply button to apply.