Consultant - Elderly Care Medicine
Our Consultant Geriatrician’s are currently leading the way in caring for older people in crisis, and through the Frailty Pathway being delivered at Basingstoke and North Hampshire Foundation Trust we are looking to recruit enthusiastic consultants to support our future vision of providing quality care of older people with Frailty, reducing length of hospital admission and ensuring safe and sustainable discharge.
You will be joining a department at Winchester hospital with a commitment to service development, improving integrated working with community services and a focus on optimising the pathway frail older patients take when they reach crisis. Our Frailty service includes the recent inception of an Acute Frailty Unit at the Winchester site, and rapid assessment clinics, falls clinics and Parkinson’s disease clinics on both sites.
Our predominant short to medium term goal is progressively to develop the inpatient frailty service along the lines of stroke, so that ideally frail older patients enter an organised frailty infrastructure from the point of admission and stay within the infrastructure to the point of discharge, with a minimum of ward moves and reassessments.
This post will be predominantly based on the Winchester site, where all our Frailty services are located across 3 wards.
On-call commitments are on the acute medicine rota for which an additional 2 PA’s for on call duties) There is a weekend ward round rota approximately 1:12 for morning ward round seeing targeted patients on the medical wards with time off in lieu. This might be negotiable for applicants who are not currently practising GIM.
The applicant should hold a CCT or equivalent in General Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine or be with 6 months of completion.
Please ensure that email addresses are provided for referee nominees and other contacts and that start and end dates of training courses and employment are clearly noted on your application form and CV.
CV’s are required for this post and should be attached to your application
Closing date: 09 April 2018
Interview date: 11th May 2018
Our commitment to you:
We are committed to equality and diversity in both the provision of our services and how we recruit and manage our staff. Applications are encouraged from everyone with the necessary attributes for the job, irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted at least 5 working days before the scheduled interview date. All communication is via the e-recruitment system and we advise all candidates to regularly check your emails including junk mail folders in web-based email products.
- All new staff will be subject to a probationary period covering their first six months in post.
- In compliance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016, all applicants must be able to communicate fluently in English to an appropriate standard which will be assessed as part of the selection process.
- Note to vacancy advertisers: Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust operates a strict process regarding the advertising of vacancies, details of which may only be reproduced with the written permission of the person authorised by the Trust to place the advert. Any orders obtained via unsolicited routes (including individuals not so authorised) will not be paid and the circumstances will be reported to our counter fraud specialist.
- This vacancy may close before the current listed closing date. If you intend to apply you are advised not to delay submitting your completed application.
To apply, please click the apply button.