Fleet Public Health Officer
We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of 17 modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities. Princess Cruises is the employer of choice in the cruise industry. We offer exceptional facilities and extensive learning and recreational programs for our crew. Join our team and you’ll enjoy a truly adventurous career with excellent incentives, unlimited growth and ports of call that will leave you breathless.
Working for Princess Cruises is ideal if you are looking to take your career to the next level and enjoy a challenging and unique environment. As a Fleet Public Health Officer, you will be effectively promoting, implementing and improving HA Group’s Public Health programs and activities though organized assessment, training and support of shipboard operations and personnel in line with the company’s Core Values.
Job responsibilities include:
• Effectively communicates with both shipboard and shore side personnel to facilitate correct interpretation and application of Public Health policies and procedures.
• Provides support for a wide variety of Public Health emergencies including disease outbreak prevention and mitigation.
• Conducts audits of shipboard and shore side Public Health programs and activities to verify compliance with applicable requirements.
• Conducts shipboard Public Health training and identifies areas of service gaps.
• Always complies with all ILO requirements and demonstrates flexibility with scheduling and workload.
• Always complies with HESS MS policies, Operating Line procedures, other company policies and relevant governmental regulations.
• Models the company’s Core Values through interaction with internal and external customers.
• Bachelor degree in Public Health, Environmental Health, the Biological Science or a closely related field.
• Shipboard experience in implementing Public Health programs and procedures may serve as substitute for education requirements.
• Candidates must be able to demonstrate significant experience with Public Health and / or Environmental Health systems.
• Ability to interpret and execute relevant Public Health information.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure.
• Command of the English language, both verbal and written.
Along with a challenging career and worldwide travel opportunities, Princess Cruises offers many other benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, single cabin accommodation, meals and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness centre, pool and a recreation centre.
To apply for an onboard opportunity today, please visit the Careers pages on the Princess Cruises website: www.princess.com or email your CV by clicking on the apply button quoting reference FPH-Mar18.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Princess Cruises team. Together we share our world, share our hearts and create lasting memories.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.